Priceline Hotel: Help for Montreal 7/30-8/1

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Well its that time again, I really do love to plan way ahead of time.

Going to Montreal this time.

I've been bidding haphazardly here and there. Rejected numerous times. 3 and 4 star up to 75.

This is what I've found so far.

Hilton 179

Delta 150

Delta Centerville 160

Days Inn 105

Novotel 160.

Now, Hotwire shows a 3.5 star which is believed to be the Novotel. Today it shows for 63, yesterday it was 67.

Im debating staying at the Hilton Airport for 80 USD because I am a Gold Honors member( thanks to info gleened from this BB) and the upgrades are fabu. Not sure how transportation will be from that hotel to downtown Montreal. We'll be in Montreal during Gay Pride so Im sure we'll want to spend our time downtown.

Do you think its too early to start bidding for downtown Montreal?

Im not crazy about the Novotel because they dont have a pool. If I could get a 4 star downtown for 90 Id do that, and Id just keep my fingers crossed that it was the Hilton.

Thanks

Happy Travelling, Randi

In this area there are 3 re-bid zones at the 4* level so i would bid as follows:

Bid $75 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90

This will give you a good chance and systematically bring you up to your maximum bid price.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the strategy. However, before I bid, I decided to check www.spg.com. Starwood perferred guests. I first saw a 259CAD rate with a 50$ rebate. TOO High, but then I saw a 50% off the AAA Rate. So, I booked a king room for 129CAD. That's about 96US. Of course the taxes arent included so I dont want to bid up to 90 for a 4 star yet.

I can get starwood points if I pay thru them. I'll still bid on Priceline but I'll wait a few more months. I dont want to pay more than 60$ now for it to be worth it.

I doubt anything will open up because it is Gay Pride Weekend.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 1 month later...

Have you found anything in Montreal yet? I just got the 4* Hilton Durval Airport for $70/night on August 24. (See my recent post in this forum.) I bid up to $65 on both 3* and 4* hotels in the Durval area and got nothing until I bid $70. I did check the Hilton HHonors web site and found nothing available for that date under $125 USD, so I figured $70 was a good deal.

Good luck!

Alaska MVP Gold/AA Platinum/HHonors Gold/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold/Priceline Addict

Hi,

Yes, see post above yours. I booked with the Le Centre Sheraton for 129.CAD. I want to be right in Montreal, not out at the airport. I did see the Hilton and their rate was 99CAD for the time I wanted.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Hotwire today has been showing a 3.5 star for $58 for the first week in June. I believe this to be the delta montreal, as it has the child center. Unless you get a higher floor in the Delta, you will be dealing with above average service at best and not the same facilities in the room as the higher floors (see my post and others' in tripadvisor.com). I suggest keep checking the sites if you are in no hurry to get the hotel for your trip. Yesterday, the chepeast 3 star was $109, so it does fluctuate daily.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]