Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Center

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

thru the barn for a friend ... last failed bid was $74 ... interesting to see the minimum prices fluctuate with the Canadian dollar (I wish the Canadian dollar was this strong when I moved to the U.S. five years ago).

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$75.00

Subtotal: US$150.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$30.26

Total Charges: US$180.26

Thanks for the post and for using the pricline links at SavingsBarn.com to start your bids.

Somewhat off-topic regarding the Canadian/US dollar, i saw a book of my daughter's the other day and the back cover had the price: $6.95US/$8.95CAD (or something similar)... i wonder what all these companies who have pre-printed prices on their products are doing given the current 'near-parity' exchange rate. If it's time for a new 'run' of the book... do you adjust the pricing based upon the current exchange rate? :)

I remember an old post on the board (don't recall who posted it) who mentioned that one of the restaurant chains used the same menu, and prices, for the US and Canada... so it was dirt cheap to eat there. If this is still the case for this chain, i'm sure they're business is down substantially now as in an pre-printed price situation it would make a lot of sense to convert your Canadian Dollars to US and pay the lower amount.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was there last weekend and the Canadians are still paying the higher amounts unless they use US currency. It boggles my mind that they would have to stand for this. Also some items are priced for the Canadian market and there can be no change in the price regardless of currency used. For example a BMW car may cost $50,000 in the US but $80,000 in Canada for the same car. BMW explains this by saying that the US is one of the most competitive markets in the world. ( It is hard to import a US car to Canada or a Canadian car to The US)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]