Priceline Hotel: Pasadena Hotel

korndawg
By korndawg,
in

Ok, bear with me because I have never used Priceline so I have no idea what to expect. I need a hotel in Pasadena, TX and when I search for hotels in that city, there are 3 results; 1* Super 8, 2* La Qunita and 2* Gateway. Last time I stayed in Pasadena, I stayed at the Super 8 for $59 per night and would love to stay there again but possibly by using priceline. Now if I place a bid on a 1* and win, am I not pretty much guarenteed the Super 8 since thats the 1* listed in the search results? Also, what would a fair bid price be? Thanks for helping a newb!ie!

korndawg - Welcome to BetterBidding!

1. Please post you date(s) for you stay in Pasadena.

2. Read the top at the hotel list for TX.

There is never any guarantee for getting a hotel at the boards list. Sure, we see some hotels get reported all the the time. But we also see hotel ratings and zones changing all the time.

And the Priceline "buy it now" section is diffrent to the opaque side. We see hotels there all the time that never get reported at the opaque side of Priceline.

In generall are the savings not that big on lower rated hotels. You have 1 bid every 24H to try. Start at $30 and work your way up with $5.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you need any help.

Henrik.

...am I not pretty much guarenteed the Super 8 since thats the 1* listed in the search results?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you'd still like to bid for this stay include the dates of your stay. I'll also add that while you can probably save a few dollars on a 1* hotel by using priceline, the 'real' value is in the higher rated hotels... getting a 3* hotel thru an opaque service for the same price as a 1* thru a non-opaque channel. I'd sooner recommend trying for a 'deal' with the higher rated hotels, but it's your stay and budget, and you know best what is important to you on your trips.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies. My dates are goin to be 10/15 - 10/19. Location is my priority concern so maybe it's best for me to book my own hotel rather than risk priceline putting me somewhere thats too far out of the way. Maybe I'll still give it a shot tho, we'll see. Thanks for the help and explanations!!

How far is the place you're visiting in Pasadena from Hobby Airport ?

Whenever my girlfriend and I visit her family in Pasadena, we stay at a hotel near Hobby Airport. Last time we got the Holiday Inn, a great newly renovated hotel, at a rate of $45 per night. Driving time to Pasadena is 10 minutes from there (or, 4 miles).

This is very convenient, and wherever you end up in that zone, probably better than any Pasadena hotel.

Regards-Dennis

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]