Hotwire Hotel: under 21 check-in hotels (hotwire)

bklyn05
By bklyn05,
in

hi,

i'm new to this forum and i'm not 100% sure this is the right place to post this question so let me know if it's wrong, and i'll move it...

i'm looking to book a hotel in chicago for my girlfriend and me for next weekend (09/28/07-10/01/07). we are both under 21. i used hotwire earlier this year when we came to chicago and it worked out well so i'd like to book on hotwire again.

here's the catch, though--earlier this year when we used hotwire we booked the wyndham chicago (i would post our win on the forum but it was so long ago that i can't remember any of the details and they're probably not relevant anymore anyway--sorry!). when we came to check in, they initially told us that we couldn't check in because we were under 21. we asked nicely for them to reconsider, though, and the manager came and without much of a fuss he made an exception and let us stay.

so here's the thing--i want to book through hotwire again but i am aware that it is a pretty big risk since many hotels require you to be 21. however, i figure if i can put together a list of hotels in chicago that do not have a minimum age of 21 to check in, and then use betterbidding.com to attempt to identify the hotels that show up in my hotwire search--well, then i figure, although the risk of booking a 21+ hotel is still there, it's significantly lower. i'm willing to take a little bit of a gamble.

which brings me to my question--do you know of any hotels in chicago that do not require you to be 21 to check in? so far all i know of the days inn @ diversey parkway and the comfort inn downtown--neither of which appear to be showing up on my hotwire search right now.

thanks so much in advance for your help--and also, thank you for reading through this extremely long message.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't know of any 'list' of hotels that allow under 21 check-in, but i'd start by looking for hotels that don't likely offer minibars in the room (liquor in them is just one reason for the '21 and over' rule).

I'd also check LastMinuteTravel and Quickbook, both of which often have good deals in Chicago... may find something there which works for you and save you a bunch of time researching as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...
The Palmer House Hilton is another one that I think may allow 18-year-old checkins, but definitely not sure about that (you'd have to call.)

semi-ditto that--

My (20 yr old at the time) son stayed there in July 2007 on a PL reservation, Palmer House didn't say a word...

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]