Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Sheraton

Debbsterina
By Debbsterina,
in

Hello all! This is a wonderful site and I'm putting myself in your capable hands!

I'm going to Seattle 11/23-11/26 and want to stay at a 4* hotel in the downtown area using PL. I saw 4* prices on the "regular" PL site at $158-198 ish and wonder if I should bid half of that amount in the PL bidding area or go higher.

Also, I need to use UAL miles for the trip and need to book this now. Is it prudent to go ahead and buy my hotel room now or should I wait? This is around Thanksgiving so it might book up fast (my guess).

Thank you!

Debbsterina

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I need to use UAL miles for the trip and need to book this now. Is it prudent to go ahead and buy my hotel room now or should I wait?
I would think the airfare will be harder than the hotel to book, and a preliminary look at the dates above doesn't show rates too high, so i would book the airfare first to confirm your dates and then go ahead and bid for the hotel. For a further discussion you can see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... plenty of re-bid zones in this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level in Seattle you have eight re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Visiting Seattle on FF miles UAL ticket. Wanted 4* near Pike Market and shopping:

Rejected Bids on Tuesday, 9/18/07

1st attempt: 4-star, Seattle downtown, $75

2nd attempt: added 4-star (doesn't exist), Lake Union, $85

Winning Bid on Wednesday, 9/19/07

I did 2nd try 12 hours after first two attempts on 9/18/07!! I thought 24 hours was necessary??

Winning bid: $100 for a 4-star hotel room Sat 11/17 - Tues 11/20/2007.

Seattle Sheraton

I stayed at the Sheraton in June 2007 and am delighted with my win.

Thank you thereuare for your help. And Go Blue! :)

:)

Congratulations on your win and thanks for sharing it with the board.

The dates above differ than the dates of your previous Priceline Seattle thread... are these separate stays or did you change the dates of your original stay?

Glad to hear the board was helpful... enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]