Priceline Hotel: 4* Quebec City 10/12 - 10/15 having trouble - any tips?

timriley
By timriley,
in

Wondering if anyone might have any tips to share. I'm looking to bid on a 4* hotel in Quebec City - all three are located in/near the old city which is perfect for us. Looking at the September winning bids I had expected wins under $100; HOTWIRE has nothing in 4*s listed, although all 3 hotels still show good availability. I've been doing 3 bids/24hrs (thanks to the lack of 4* hotels in the two neighbouring area choices). My bidding scheme so far for our dates (checkin Oct12, checkout Oct15):

$65/71/76/78/80/82/84/86/88/90/92/94/96/98/$100

So far, up to $100 and no luck yet. Should I keep going? or wait until I'm at least within a month of the date or closer? It's the week AFTER Canadian thanksigving weekend so I had thought that we'd be just hitting after the peak weekend meaning possible a better chance at a lower rate.

Thanks

Thanks.... not sure about the rack rates, but Priceline's offered rate on the regular booking page lists the least expensive one (Hilton) at an average of $169/night+taxes for those dates. the Loews is $217+taxes and the Fairmont is $378...

Will keep on trying! Looked over the last couple years of postings but not much showing around those dates to compare with... oh well!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]