Priceline Hotel: 3* Dec 6 - 10 HELP

dbass
By dbass,
in

I don't see many wins for 3* hotels in the South Zone

This is likely because Priceline only recently split the Strip into a North and South zone... therefore many people wouldn't bid 3* at this level since there was no knowing if you'd end up on the 'main' part of the strip (where you would want to be) vs. the North part of the strip (at properties such as Circus Circus, Stratosphere, etc) which is less desirable.

As well, 3* is not frequently purchases in Vegas as there are so many mega-resorts which can often be had for less than they would be if they were located anywhere else in the country. Your stay is at a disadvanage since it's a Thur-Monday stay which makes splitting.bid tough (since rates are often 2x-3x on the weekend vs what they cost midtweek) but if you let us know your budget we will try to help you find the best deal for your dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At this time our budget is $90 / night for a 4*... I see many winning bids under this but prices are high during this weekend because of the Rodeo. I bid yesterday from $60 - $90 for a 4* North and South strip all being rejected with counteroffers at $112 (through the PRICELINE link of course). I'm not sure if it's too early to be bidding or not?

We are contemplating a 3* if Bill's was the most common won hotel understanding we were still taking a chance at receiving any 3* in the south stip. For a 3* $55 is our budget.

We are also not willing to split our bids since we want to stay at the same hotel for the entire stay.

Thanks

I see many winning bids under this but prices are high during this weekend because of the Rodeo.... I'm not sure if it's too early to be bidding or not?

I think you've answered your own question... you're basing your maximum bid upon previously winning bid amounts, but you're dates include a weekend and the rodeo, which is the biggest event in Vegas in the month of December.

I don't think Wild Bill's is the mostl likely outcome when bidding 3* South Strip... this hotel was only reported once or twice and 3* in this zone was almost never bid due to the risks referenced above (which are not longer an issue since the zone has been divided).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree... $95 - $100 should win but it's a little more than I would like to pay for a 4* right now... I have a cancellable reservtion at the Bellagio for $169 / night and if I can't get a real good deal on a 4* we are planning to stick with the Bellagio. We're hoping that watch the rates and if they drop try and pick something up for around $70...

Thanks again for your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]