Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (MTC) Hudson Hotel

titi
By titi,
in

Hello,

The more information, the confused I get...and the more confused, the more stressed I am :)

I definitly need some help here.

My demand : a stay in an hotel 4 star not too far Time Square (walking distance) with the exception of the Hudson hotel where it would be great to stay.

date : dec 19th - 23rd

2 persons.

We stayed at the Novotel and the location is great, but the hotel is just ok if you have a view...we could stay again there if it is the best bargain we could find.

Now with hotwire and priceline, i get more and more stressed as I would not be sure to get the location or the price ?

In any case, I would be really greatful to have a check list to follow if it is possible and therefore lower my stress level :)

Last thing, we are coming from Paris (yes we are French), so if you could also advise on airfare that would be wonderfull( same date).

cheers

T.

titi - Welcome to BetterBidding!

No need to be stressed, you're in good company here!

The first thing you should do is to determ and post what zone(s) your willing to stay in. Second thing is to post your budget/night. I know that NYC is expensive and busy in december. Is a 3* hotel an option for you?

The board needs this information to help you with a bidding strategy for your stay.

Just post if you need any futher help.

Good luck,

Henrik.

Hello,

We would like to stay from dec 19th - 23rd in NYC, on hotwire could you help ID these please :

- 3.5-star hotel in Midtown Central, 136 $/night (retail price 214$) with fitness, business center, restaurant(s), high speed internet, 3.0/5 tripadisor

- 3-star hotel in Midtown Central , 179$/night, restaurant (s), high internet,business center, 4.0/5 trip advisor

- 4-star hotel in Midtown South, complimentary breakfast, restaurant(s), business center, 3,5/5 tripadvisor

Our wish is to be not far away (walking distance) from Time square or staying at the Hudson (looks stylish) for the lowest rate as possible of course!

thanks for your help

T.

The 3.5* MTC hotel above is a match for the Hudson so that would be our best guess. The other two hotels have not yet been identified.

If you're trying to target a specfic hotel then HOTWIRE is usually a better option. However, the ability to target a property comes at a price, that being it's usually a little more expensive than priceline. So it comes down to what's important to you... the absolute lowest price or the ability to target a specific property and have an educated guess as to the hotel and location (still no guarantees though)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

If do you go with the above, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $135.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi titi,

Is it an option to split your stay ? It could be necessary anyway as Dec is a tough time.

Did with my stay, from Dec 15 until Dec 22.

Got Le Parker Meridien through HOTWIRE for $156 but only from Dec 19 until Dec 22.

Amenities: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Internet, Business, Spa.

But sorry, as I see it's not available now.

So for my stay from Dec 15 until Dec 19 I still did not succeed through priceline

whatever the strategy was including other splits again.

Seems to be too early ....

hello

it did not work. :)

the first 3 times, it was not available anymore when i wanted to confirm and book and prices went up when i got back to the same search 5 s after:

136$ to 139$ to 144$

then it seems to be available at 144$ but neither my visa premier (my bank is not registered) or america PRICELINE EXPRESS ( is not charged ) seems to work.

do i have to have an american credit card to be able to purchase on HOTWIRE ? can I try to call or through paypal (and register there) ?

i've already before booked on Travelocity and other american websites with the same credit cards so the cards are actually working !

help ?

T.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]