Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville Crowne Plaza

BHL
By BHL,
in

I wanted to stop on my way through Asheville and stay one night. I will not be doing anything in the area other than staying the night.

I'm looking for bidding assistance for a 3*, with a max bid of about $55. I don't care what zone it's in.

Currrent Asheville 3* internet rates:

3* Crowne Plaza $115

3* Renaissance $189

If I can't get it for $55, I *might* drive another hour to Spartanburg, SC since there are some winning bids listed this summer for $45 for a 3*. I'd prefer to not have to though since it will already be late at night/early in the morning by the time I hit Asheville.

Or I might drop down to a 2.5* in Asheville (at a lower bid?), but there are no reported winning bids on a 2.5* (and obviously it's not in BB's hotel list).

Asheville is currently the only zone with 3* properties, with the other four zones being used as re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Asheville...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55.

I will add that if the above is rejected, i think you increase your chances if you're willing to go as high as $60.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Note that you won't be able to bid for a 3* until 24 hours after your last rejected bid for the 2.5*.

Select 3* Asheville...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I dont understand your first sentence. Sounds like this forum works a bit different than any other?

As I mentioned, there's no 2.5* reported for this area, so do I go to hotwire to get a price for a 2.5*? I'm not sure how to find a 2.5* hotel name, so I can't get a regular rate. Hotwire is showing $112 and $162 for what they call 2.5* rated hotels.

We queque posts by the last reply... so let's say we haven't been to the board since noon, and you post at 2pm and then "bump" your thread at 8pm, your post is now in the 8pm position instead of 2pm.

You can go to Expedia and get a 'feel' for the 2.5* and 3* hotels in the area (ie- Courtyards are generally 2.5*, Holiday Inn, Radisson, etc are usually 3*, etc)

HW is $112. That is what I would use if I'm not successful with PL. Basically I'll bid any amount up to about $110.

It's been 24 hours, so I can hopefully bid again with my account, plus my girlfriend can use her account and she can bid. So could I get two bidding strategies? Hopefully I'll still get something decent. Though I sure was hoping to do this yesterday. In my limited experience, it always *seems* like the day of or day before, the lowest bids they accept are higher.?

So if you're maximum bid is really $110 to be bidding up to $62 and increasing the bids by $2-3 isn't really worthwhile.

I would bid as follows:

Select 3* Asheville...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Select 2.5* Biltmore Square...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]