Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help 4* (The City & The london Bridge)

pit1979
By pit1979,
in

Hello Folks,

I have never been to London and have not started my bidding yet. My travel dates: 09/18/07 - 09/23/07 - 5 Nights. Fist day is on business and rest of those days for pleasure.

I would appreciate if some one can suggest what price would i get a good hotel in this area. Also please let me know if there is any other area/hotel which is comfortable in all sense.

Thanks in advance

I think most people favor the Mayfair-SoHo zone... but it's usually VERY expensive. After that most winning bids are placed/received in the Bloomsbury/Marble Arch, Kensington/Earls Court/Kinghtbridge, and Regents Park/Baker St zones. How these would work for your own needs i can't say.

If you let us know your maximum bid and which zone(s) you're willing to accept we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not getting any response to my earlier post so let me be more specific.

I need bidding help for hotels in London 18th sep to 23 rd sep in priceline I would prefer areas "The City and London Bridge" "Bloomsbury Marble Arc"

Please suggest me a good price to bid 4* hotel in this region

I would like to stay in a central place which is conveniently connected to all attractions

I'm not enough of a London expert to comment on which areas would be most convenient fo you... you'll need to do a bit of research on your own or hopefully somebody more familiar with the area will post and advise accordingly.

Once zones are determined we'll be able to help with a suggested strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are very high for these dates and i think this is going to be a tough win.

You have no re-bid zones, but with time on your side i'd bid as follows on your first round of bidding...

Select 4* The City...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* The City and Bloomsbury...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* The City and Bloomsbury...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* The City and Bloomsbury and Mayfair...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I think with your budget you will not win a 4 star in London mid week. You will need to consider staying slightly further out or your star level.

Do you have any prices from conventional means? What are the best rates you are getting quoted?

In my experience getting a room midweek in London for 150 pounds is good never mind 150 dollars.

You may want to add Finsbury to give you a chance at the Hilton Islington which would be fine for getting around.

There has been the odd success for low ball bids but not a lot.

You seriously need to consider your options IMO.

It might be worth trying different combinations of your dates, if you are willing to switch hotels.

However - do not do this unless you have a suitable backup plan for your entire stay. You don't want to be stuck with only part of your accommodation.

Depending on your level of tolerance, you could bid for your business day by itself, and then consider a lower-price option for the other days.

LondonTown.com has some prices that are close to your upper bid amount - so I would check there also.

You might also want to consider 3* hotels. So far I've been very pleased with those in London, although there may be less optimal hotels that come up.

On our last trip to London, a few days ago, we went even lower-scale and stayed at a London School of Economics student residence. With the kitchen and laundry facilities, we were able to save a fair bit, and the accommodation was adequate (not as nice and slick as a Priceline 3* or 4* hotel, though).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]