WA Seattle Hilton Airport

lindisfarne
By lindisfarne,
in

The Hilton airport (right across from the Seattle airport) is rated a 3* and in my experience, is a pretty good hotel for that level (and for the rate we got -$65; the priceline rate for the hotel was much higher, as was the lowest rate on the Hilton web page). The airport shuttle is free and was quick for us, with a great driver who was very helpful with all our luggage. He was also great about answering questions, giving helpful advice, and so on.

The hotel was very nice, although the layout was not terrific: there are two different buildings with rooms, and the pool and fitness rooms are in the center of one. To get to them from the other building, you have to walk back through the lobby, past the restaurant, and past the conference rooms. The pool is fairly decent for a hotel pool ( lap swimming would be possible - it's rectangular) although it's probably only about 10-12 yards long); the hottub as well. Towels were provided at the pool. I didn't use the (free) fitness room but there seemed to be a large number of machines as I walked past (didn't look closely so can't comment on quality). The rooms around the pool likely suffer from pool noise, but we were in the other building. I suspect the rooms in the building without the pool get a lot of traffic noise - we were on the backside, away from International Blvd, but the loading dock was outside our window. We left fairly early but there were already a couple of trucks. Other than that, however, noise was non-existent. We were able to pick up free wireless, although it wasn't the Hilton's (they charge). Obviously, any time you use any wireless, you shouldn't be putting in credit card numbers and other sensitive information.

The rooms were fine - we didn't get a mini-bar (which we appreciated) but there was a refrigerator. The furnishings seemed pretty new - at least, they didn't look old and dreary. The Hilton's shampoo/conditioner/shower gel were very perfumed which wasn't a plus - I was glad I brought my own (why they think most customers would want such perfumed toiletries is beyond me). The sheets were very nice and soft, with a duvet over the comforter (either down or down-alternative). The rooms weren't overly spacious but were fine, unless someone wanted to hold a business meeting or something (iif we had had a king-size bed (we requested 2 doubles), there might have been a bit more space). Housekeeping was helpful. The Hilton was quick to bring up a suitcase (as soon as the airline delivered it) that the airline had failed to get onto our flight.

We paid $65 plus about $17 in extra taxes and fees, which was a decent deal, given that the Motel 6's in the area charge close to that per night. We didn't try the restaurant or the coffee cart. One of the coffee cups in the little coffee maker in the room was obviously not clean (a few coffee drips right on the top edge, so the housekeeper had failed to check it!) but that was the only negative for the room.

Parking at the Hilton will set you back $18/night (that may not include about $3 in taxes) but we were able to park at the Clarion right next door for about $7.50 plus almost $3 in taxes (they advertise that they allow "airport" parking). They do fill up (morning seminars need parking) so get there as early as possible; you do have in-and-out privileges (not sure if you have that at the Hilton) as they give you a card to put on your dashboard; the card is not time stamped so you should have until midnight of the last day you pay for. The Clarion's parking is pretty close and for some rooms, is likely closer than the Hilton's.

• 2 years later...

We paid $45 plus taxes/fees through Priceline. We thought the rooms, and the hotel overall, were quite nice. Definitely nicer than the Hilton Arden West in Sacramento we'd stayed at earlier in our trip. No flat-screen TV, but otherwise everything looked modern. Parking was $20 for self-parking and $26 for valet. Internet use in the lobby was reportedly free. $12.95 for conneciton in the room. No free breakfast. We had dinner one night in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops in the lobby area. It wasn't inexpensive ($28 for a huge pork chop, about $33-35 for wild salmon), but very, very good. One review on Tripadvisor said $50 for an 8 oz. steak. Didn't see that. Bar was expensive ($7.50 for generic brandy). The long walk to get to the pool and parking areas has been noted. The courtyard containing the pool and jacuzzi looked like itd be nice for just relaxing. I did hear some street noise from our room, and used ear plugs, but heard no planes, even though the hotel is right across the street from the airport.

• 5 weeks later...

Won this for $42 per night. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel wasn't a 3* accommodation. I am not sure why this is only a 3* as it certainly is at least a 3.5*. Hilton staff seemed surprised when I mentioned to them that I had been told this was a 3*. This property appears to be an older renovated hotel. Parking at the Hilton is $20 per night which is steep considering EVERY property around there advertises for less. Best choice is the Clarion for $9.50 a night and is directly northwest of the Hilton.

I didn't spend much time exploring but the staff I encountered were extremely friendly and went out of their way to assist. The restaurant sold chops and steaks ($30-50) by chef Remi DuBois and had a dress code. I spoke to the locals and found a great, little restaurant at the old, run-down Jet hotel 10 minutes walk north called the Happy Teriyaki. Price was low for entrees and drinks. Considering that the Hilton is directly across from the light rail, a major through-fare and the airport - I hardly heard a thing with the window closed. Free wireless compliments of the Holiday Inn!

Located directly across from the hotel, the new light rail service to the city was enjoyable and cost efficient at $5 return. We took in two ball games, shopped/ate in the city. We checked out the fish market which was great.

The only possible downside to this hotel (and I am really stretching this) is perhaps feeling a little under-dressed, CRT TVs (no flat screens) and parking.

Overall I was very happy to stay there and will return in greater numbers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]