AZ Phoenix Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch Scottsdale

fishymaggie
By fishymaggie,
in

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch. Great experience. No mention of priceline when I checked in. Requested two double beds nonsmoking ahead of time and got my request. The only downside to the stay (and it was VERY minor) is that our room was on the first floor down an isolated corridor; I have a hunch that this is where priceline customers get put. The room was very quiet, but I would have been dissapointed with it if I'd paid full price for the room. Great resort though, classy service, and I'd stay there again anytime.

• 2 years later...

I stayed here recently and booked through hotwire. The room was not the first down the hallway. The room looked nice and we were able to get 2 beds as requested. The adults ONLY pool was exacly that...and heated to a nice temperature. The grounds were nice and we enjoyed a nice time around the fire pit during the evening. We were not charged the $15 resort fee as notified in the Hotwire confirmation.

CONS: The balcony was not private at all. The only thing seperating us from our neighboors was a trellis with a leafless plant woven into it. They only have 1 outdoor whirlpool, which is very large, but it was always full and very uninviting. It seemed more like a pool for middle aged men to gawk at young ladies. We were charged $6.50 for a can of Heineken at the poolside bar. As with any major resort/hotel they seem to want to try and trick you into being charged for incidentals. I was unable to find a route from the pool to my room which did not require me to walk through the bar/socializing lobby in my wet swimsuit.

Overall, after staying at some other 4+ star hotels in the area, I would choose to stay here again.

• 8 months later...

I stayed here in December 2010 on a vacation package through Priceline. This is a terrific resort with beautiful views, excellent service and amenities, and a great location for all kinds of activities in the surrounding area.

I was also in a first-floor room down an isolated corridor, but the room was quiet and had a decent courtyard view. The resort entrance was under construction, which bothered some people but did not detract from my stay - it may have been one reason for the great price.

The only trouble was that someone at the hotel had canceled my reservation without any notice (I was able to check in), and then, the day after I checked out, my credit card was charged for the stay (at the Priceline rate). I called Priceline customer service and was promised a response within 5 business days, but I did not hear back from them, and after 2 weeks, the charge had not been corrected. I then called Hyatt Consumer Affairs, entered a complaint, and received the number of the hotel's accounting department. The accounting department promptly credited my credit card.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]