Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Grand Hyatt

dealsearcher
By dealsearcher,
in

Hi -

I plan on using the savingsbarn.com priceline hotels link. I assume that helps betterbidding since everyone else says they are using it. Great site by the way.

I am looking to go to Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa from 11/1 to 11/5 and would like to either stay at the Hilton or the Grand Hyatt. I saw that someone got an $82 win at the Hilton recently. I looked at the hotel list and saw that there are many 3* upscale potentials. How can I maximize the chance of a Hilton? If that is not possible, what should I bid for the Grand Hyatt at the Resort level.

I am also willing to use HOTWIRE if that would narrow things down.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yout can't bid for a specific hotel. As you point out there are other 3* hotels in this area besides the Hilton, there also other Resort properties besides the Grand Hyatt... so if these are the only two properties you are willing to accept then this may not be a good stay to use Priceline.

You could try HOTWIRE where you can often figure out the hotel(s) you're being offered beforehand based upon the star rating and amenities shown to be associated with the property, but there is still a degree of risk as you can never be certain of the hotel until after you purchase it.

Are there any HOTWIRE hotels offered within your price range?

Let us know your thoughts on how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had been eyeing the Hyatt, since that's where we'd stayed before, but it doesn't seem to be coming up on Priceline, and the best rate I could find for my dates was $250 (I saw it the first time I checked for $219, but it was never that low again). So I think that $82 for the Hilton is much more feasible for us at this time.

That said, even $250 is a good rate for the Hyatt relative to what they usually charge. It's still just a lot more $$ for a bed.

When bidding I was also hoping for the Hilton, but I knew that I had to be prepared to get the ResortQuest property or the Aloha Beach Resort, among others. I didn't really want them but would have been satisfied at that bid. You have to decide if you're willing to chance it, and hopefully you'll get lucky, too.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Can you go back to HOTWIRE and doublecheck... in addition to the amenities above, is there also a "Beachfront" icon?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your 'win'... hopefully you're happy with the results.

This is a BEAUTIFUL property, although as to be expected, everything on the property (ie- food) is very expensive, so just be prepared :)

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase. YOu can still view this info by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]