Priceline Hotel: 4* in downtown Portland

jeff1w
By jeff1w,
in

By Priceline bidding standards, your travel dates are a long ways off. Better deals will likely come up as you get closer to those dates. If fact, many of the best deals on PL have come from bids made within a few days of the check-in date. For now, I would suggest being patient. Don't bid more than once every three or four days until you're within a month of check-in, and don't go higher than you've already bid so far. In fact, with so many free rebid zones in Portland for 4* bids, I think I would start even lower -- I don't like winning a room on my first bid. If the idea of not having a room booked until days before check-in makes you uncomfortable, I would also suggest making a fully-cancelable reservation as a backup (actually, you should probably do this whatever your feelings, though I typically don't :) ).

Can you still please clarify in your Palm Springs thread if your purchase was made direcly thru the hotel or if it was thru Priceline. If thru Priceline, do you recall the winning bid amount, zone, star rating, etc (or can you view this information thru the MY TRIPS link at priceline)

In regards to your stay above, rates are a bit higher than usual, and in particular for one specific nite of your stay... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've bid without success from $70 to $136/night for 4* in downtown Portland October 5 through 8. The Portland Marathon, with some 9,000 participants, takes place on October 7 and is likely putting a squeeze on hotel rooms. I have a standard booking at the Marriott City Centre, which is just fine and well located, and not a bad rate at $139/night.

Thanks for in info. about the marathon; I was wondering what was going on that weekend. I checked the convention center website but nothing major was listed. I also made a standard reservation at the Hotel Delux for $169 per night with free valet parking (usually $24 per day). I keep looking for a good deal in the week ahead.

I just tried Priceline again starting at $90 up to $105, with no luck. I'll give it another shot in a couple of days. At least with downtown Portland its easy to rebid at the 4* level since no other zones have 4* properties. I'm really hoping to land the Hotel Monaco or the Vintage Plaza.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]