BetterBidding - Priceline - Hotwire

bbbb
By bbbb,
in

FOREWORD (by thereuare): this post was started elsewhere but needed to be split into it's own thread. I will reiterate here that BetterBidding is not affiliated with Priceline or Hotwire in anyway (although later in the thread i suggest that we should be :) )

=========================================================

Hotwirecsr,whats Hotwires thoughts on this site and others like it?I think this site brings your company a lot of busness that it would not other wise get?I for one would never use hotwire before I found this site and I now take trips more often because of all the great deals found on here.

I as well as my co-workers have mixed reviews on the site. While I just discoverd the site. I have been reading the posts and have found some misleading information. That is why I have dicided to join and add my opinions. Now I have seen a lot more negitive about priceline and having never used that site I can not speak for them, however I know that here we have a very high expectaion of our customer service reps, to provide a real service. Also I think that some of our features have resulted as a result of sites like this. For example varying the price and not showing some ammenitties. So while you help others get great deals the powers that be see that and do what they can to stop it.

My question is, why does a Hotwire CSR post on this site?

From a marketing stand point, yes it is great advertisement for Hotwire against Priceline, but what is this appearance really doing? I would also have to question whether the Hotwire company would want to associate yourselves with a site like this. It is almost promoting yourselves on this site, creating problems with the hotel partners that Hotwire affiliates itself with.

I am sorry, but I really have to question whether or not this is really a Hotwire CSR. And if it is, I would really question whether Hotwire the company, knows if this going on. From a business standpoint, it would be foolish for Hotwire to do this. I would have to think hotels also monitor sites like BB, and if they saw a Hotwire CSR on this forum, I would not think hotels would be very happy about it.

I have to disagree with you badbadleroybrown,a few hotel chains have reps that go to flyer talk all the time.A lot of people that travel often for business come to these sites for big savings and questions.Those reps help answer those questions.I find this service very helpfull and cant see any reason PL or Hotwire should have a problem with this , even if they are on the clock waiting for a call they are still in a since taking care of the customer (us here).They could be sitting there doing nothing,I like the fact that hotwirecsr takes the time to come here and answer questions that help people that might not other wise use hotwire without the answer to their questions.I can tell you that if this site was not here with all the great helping people and hotel lists that I would not even think about using Hotwire or PL.Some of hotwires biggest customers would be lost without this site and thats a fact.Thanks for taking the time to come here hotwirecrs and take care of those that make hotwire what it is today.

BBLB,

Some could question your own postings here as some of them seem intent on only trying to create controversy. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and will assume this is not the case, but if it is, it's not appreciated.

Tone is difficult to interpret in the written word (which is why i give everyone the benefit of the doubt) but i do find myself reading your posts with a negative connotation and i would hope that you can find a better (read: nicer) way to post your questions. I will not publicly get into a long explanation of ways that your posts can ask the same question in a more pleasant manner, but if you fail to see my point and need an example please PM me and we can have this discussion off-the-board.

This board is here for users to exchange information and to help new users understand how to use Priceline and Hotwire. If as per your prior post your purpose here is more general travel related, than that is fine and you are just as welcomed as any other user. However, we expect your posts here to be friendly in nature and not discourage anyone else from participating. One thing that we pride ourselves on is creating an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable posting.

I think bbbb gives a great example of why a Hotwire rep would post here... we are their customers. Maybe Priceline will (should?) position a CSR rep to post here too. Both would be welcomed here and would be helping their customers with general questions about each service... providing each a great way to get in touch with customers that might not otherwise be inclined to pick up the phone and call.

I openly encourage management from both Priceline and Hotwire to form an open relationship and dialogue with us... who else better knows their business, the competition, the pros and cons of each service, what customers are saying, what customers want, what customers like and don't like, etc. I certainly have opinions on ways in which each could improve their service and increase market share. I'm sure we could even serve as a consultant to the hotels on ways to improve their chains and increase their Priceline and Hotwire revenue.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

The reason for my post was to understand why they are posting. I am not discouraging hotwirecsr from posting, I am curious to know the reason why they are. Thereuare, as the moderator of this board, you have to wonder the same thing. It would be great for both PL and HW to have an open relationship with BB, but to serve their best interests IMO, they cannot.

As for my tone, text can be read many different ways. I'm sorry you take mine in an offensive manner, but the way I read it, it sounds quite fine to me. Questionative, maybe, but not rude. I am not one to put smiley faces on my text and start saying, "Better Bidding has saved my life," as that is a little overboard for me. I will use the BB information when I do use HW or PL, and will support it when i do, but when I see something that does not make sense, I will ask it.

Actually, I'd make a suggestion to HotwireCSR: If you are posting here with that nickname clear it with your supervisors. If you're doing this without their knowledge, I'd advise major caution. Even if you're posting informally, you're representing yourself in a sense as an agent of the company. If you divulge something they don't wish said, or if you state an opinion that doesn't square with corporate policy, it could be grounds for getting yourself fired.

Yes, there's "Starwood Lurker" at FlyerTalk, but it's pretty obvious he's posting there as part of his job capacity. It's not an informal relationship. I'd just advocate caution on both sides of the aisle here.

The main reason mentinoed above, Customer Service, is a prime example of why a CSR would post on this site.

As for Priceline and Hotwire, we introduce many users to each of their services and also promote each of their business. Just a scan of the board reveals many users that have 'won' on Priceline or Hotwire yet wouldn't otherwise have used either service. From that point of view i would think that they, as well as the hotels themselves, like the extra revenue that we generate for them. However, i can only speculate as to why the haven't approached us and chosen to open the lines of communication.

A company should use all means possible to communicate with their customers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I dont see a problem with csr"s posting here and can"t see why hotwire would as long as inside info is not being posted about hotel idenity.Look at the reason Southwest airlines runs so well,its because they let their people interact and have fun with their customers.

bbbb - Hotwire may not see it that way. If you represent yourself as an employee of a company (more than that, a representative - see the nickname) and then speak about them in a public forum without their knowledge or supervision, chances are the corporation will be displeased at the least.

It's really something to think about to keep all parties involved happy. Things like this need to be done with Hotwire's knowledge and consent, or HotwireCSR needs to change his/her nick and *not* talk as an employee of the company for his/her own sake.

I am a member of many fourms and this just happens to be one of them. My name just happens to be my job title. As for my comments on this board they in know way represent the company that I work for, they are my opinions. If infact I ever left this job I would keep the same name. I happen to have information about the topic being discussed, for example if microsoft had an employee that was using message boards about computer operating systems, aslong as they were not disclosing anything that was not aviailble to the general public I see no recourse for them, and I see no reason that I have to ask any body to give my ideas. For that matter my calls are not scripted and I have the ability to take them in any direction I wish, so as to why my personal Message posts would be any concern to them is another story.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]