Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) InterContinental

Annie.
By Annie.,
in

And should I pull the trigger on this? Yesterday 4.5* in Quincy Market - Financial District for that week was $330 - now it's at $203.

I think that's probably good for an entire week - yes? no? I'm scared to wait in case it goes up or goes away entirely!

And this is a good place to stay if we wanted to do lots of "Boston" stuff, right? We have never been before.. Thank you in advance for your help!

Here are the amenities that are coming up:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

I'm sorry, I found another thread that says this is most likely Inter-Continental.

Parking is $39/24 hours! EEK! Is there any other place around there I could park - we are driving in from WNY.

Annie, I think you were referring to my other thread about the Inter-Continental.

I'd been looking for a Boston Hotel for 9/14 - 9/16 and found this weekend VERY expensive as have others. (I finally decided to just use my Hilton points and book a reward stay.) Here's an option you can use to save money -- split your dates. You can find the 4.5* for $129 from 9/8 - 9/14 on Hotwire. For 9/14 -9/15 the price jumps to $309, but it's still an almost $300 savings if you book this way. I suppose the the worst case is that you're at the Intercontinental or Langham for six nights and the other for one night.

Both the Intercontinental and Langham are in more quiet areas in the financial district rather than in the heart of Quincy Market, but all that means is an extra block or two to walk -- usually very pleasant in Sept -- to many attractions, the metro, restaurants, etc. I'd happily stay at either for a week of sightseeing in Boston.

EEK is right about downtown parking. I'm going to be in Boston 8/24 - 8/27 and plan on trying to park at One International. I'll try to remember to post back and let you know how it works out.

Liset - thank you SO MUCH for this suggestion! We are totally fine with cutting our trip short by one day (we were contemplating that anyhow actually) and I can't believe it - that hotel is now $126/night!! I am going to pull the trigger for sure now. I am really glad you brought this up - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I got a tip on Tripadvisor.com (for another hotel in the area) to park at One and Two International Place, for much cheaper. It looks to be just across the street from the Intercontinental.

Annie, I'm not sure if you are still reading this thread or if there's another place to post, but I have parking rate information. I just returned from four nights at the Hilton Downtown and parked during part of the time at One International Place.

One International offers a daily weekend rate or an evening rate (after 4:30 p.m.) for $7. The evening rate requires the car to be removed by 6:30 a.m. The regular midweek rate is $32/day -- a savings over Intercontinental valet but not huge. It is across the street from the Intercontinental (and around the block from the Hilton). I ended up parking at One International on Fri and Sat, and then for convenience and ease of departure valet parked at the Hilton the second two nights.

Enjoy your trip!

Liset

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]