CA San Jose Marriott Santa Clara-Silicon Valley

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

This is a nice 3* hotel. The room was large, clean and in good state of repair. It had two queen beds with feathersoft tops and way too many pillows; desk; dresser; closet; iron and board; two phones with two lines; coffee maker. The bathroom was very small.

The down blanket was inappropriate for Santa Clara summer weather. Terribly warm. I had to turn on the airconditioner to a very low temperature setting, but then it was too noisy to sleep with it on.

The hotel is undergoing renovations but there was no disturbance. My room had not been renovated yet. Still, it was at what I consider the high-end of 3*. If this hotel were in San Francisco, they would surely rate it 4* as it is not any worse than the Hyatt Regency.

Soundproofing was good. I was given a room in the executive tower on the top (15th) floor with view all the way to the East Bay hills.

All phone calls except 800 incur a connection fee, plus applicable toll. An optional High-speed Internet (wired and wireless) plus unlimited nationwide phone service package can be puchased for $9.95/night. You can surf free at the lobby of the Holiday Inn or while dining/drinking at Bennigan's across the road.

There is a bar and a restaurant as well as a Starbucks kiosk.

Parking: $9/night. Free parking is available on a street in the back of the hotel or at the Holiday Inn/Bennigan's parking lot.

Free newspaper delivered to room.

Front desk: very nice and friendly.

The restaurant offers a breakfast buffet for a very good price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]