Germany Frankfurt Moevenpick West

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

The Moevenpick is a new hotel near the fairgrounds of Frankfurt, a little bit remote from the main roads, so it was a quiet location, though there seems to be some construction ongoing in the neighbourhood (or to come). We arrived by car, so I can't really report about distances towards public transport, but according to the hotel's brochure, it's a "10 minute walk" to the main central station of Frankfurt (less to a local subway station of course). The hotel comes with a nice modern design, quite colourful. The lobby was modern too but only one front desk agent available upon check-in (on a Saturday early evening). There were several parking lots available outside the hotel for the period when we stay at the hotel (august) - but very probably not during fairs. There was the "Afrika! Afrika!"-show tent opposite of the hotel, so no public parking available during the evenings at that time (however lots of spaces after midnight and during the day). There's a hotel garage - but they charge 25 Euro per 24hrs - quite expensive!

The Moevenpick is a 100% non-smoking hotel (at least, all rooms - we saw some ashtrays in the lobby) - so not really the place to go if you're smoking.

The (standard) room was nice and well designed, lots of Cable TV channels and great views towards the skyline of Frankfurt (we got a room in the 5th floor). Minibar pricey (a little bit more pricey than in the Marriott, if I remember correctly), room service is available. We didn't take breakfast nor other food in the hotel, so cannot report about that. There was only a shower cubicle in the bathroom, no tub, but the bathroom was spacious enough. Comfortable double bed, and the windows could be opened.

Allover, a nice stay in a nice modern hotel with a particular design. I can't really complain about anything, though I think that the Marriott leaves a better impression in terms of service and elegance (the Marriott is rated as 5 star in Frankfurt - German classification -, the Moevenpick as a 4 star). The Moevenpick had regular cheap rates for this weekend, so lots of tourists stayed there, not the same clientele as the Marriott's one. No mention of priceline by the way.. but as the price was almost exactly the same as offered by the hotel, no reasons for that...

Photos

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Just checked in for my second stay at the Moevenpick, thus just a short update: they do provide smoking rooms now, the whole 1st floor is a smoking floor nowadays. WiFi is available and free of charge (great).

Wifi will be charged from 1.1.2011 onwards.... f...rs.... I think this is the wrong way backrounds!!

not really.. (been there last time in march 2011).. there is still a free wifi access available which is "low-speed".. you have to pass via the usual log-in window there that comes up once after you've connected to the in-house-wifi. They first offer paid premium access, but then there's a small (little bit hidden) option too, to use free basic access with auto-discon every 60 minutes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]