Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Emily Morgan

tazzy
By tazzy,
in

Does anyone know what hotel this might be? I went to trip advisor and couldn't find any hotel with 180 reviews. Thought that might be a way to cross-reference, but it's not. I'm not sure if it's the Hotel Valencia because that hotel offers free internet and this says there might be a fee for internet.

From HOTWIRE (using the betterbidding link):

Details for your 4-star hotel in Riverwalk North and Alamo Area

Hotel Details

Check in:Sun, Aug 19, 2007

Check out::Tue, Aug 21, 2007

Hotel name:Hotwire Hotel Supplier

Ratings Guide

26% savings per room per night

PricePerRoomPerson:$106

$143.65 Retail:

$37.65 You save:

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Customer Reviews

Traveler Rating(4.0 out of 5)

What's this? Based on:180+ customer reviewsLast Reviewed:July 2007

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a match for the Emily Morgan so that would be our best guess... although i'll also add in a possibility that this is the Hotel Valencia (without the Boutique icon).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid on four-star hotel in San Antonio's Downtown/Riverwalk area for 8/19 to 8/21. 85, 86, 87 and then 88 was accepted. Emily Morgan hotel, as I expected.

Happy with this since this is within a few dollars of the price most people pay for this room. Same room is $189 on Emily Morgan website for those dates and $170 on Expedia.

Okay, I didn't use Hotwire in the end, I switched to Priceline and bid on 4* hotels in the downtown/riverwalk area. Ended up with the Emily Morgan for $88 a night for 8/19 to 8/21. Figured I might as well save more rather than pay $106 a night via Hotwire since the Emily Morgan seemed likely.

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our trip to San Antonio and our stay at the Emily Morgan hotel. It was well worth the $88. I'd pay up to $125 a night to stay there and still feel as if I received a great deal.

It's a beautiful, historic hotel, built in the 1920's or 1930's, according to the bartender. The queen room we stayed in was small, but I've come to expect that in historic hotels I've stayed at in cities such as San Francisco. Room size wasn't a priority back then. But the room was large enough for two people and our suitcases, a desk, armoire and a chair. The bed was queen sized and was quite comfy with a down comforter and a choice of four pillows - two soft and two firm - perfect for the picky traveler. I also liked that the room had its own thermostat so that the temperature could be easily regulated. None of that furnace/AC unit on the wall kind of thing that never works properly and blasts oh-so-loud.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, Oro, because it is closed for dinner on Sundays and Mondays, but we did order room service breakfast and it was well-priced and delicious. We also spent one evening in the hotel bar, and the drinks were great and the bartender friendly (but aren't all bartenders friendly?!) It's about two blocks from the Riverwalk, so a very short walk to all the restaurants and sights of that tourist attraction. And it's across the street from the Alamo. Literally. We jaywalked and were at the Alamo gate in about 10 seconds.

It's also just a block from a large shopping mall anchored by Macy's and Dillard's and that also houses an IMAX theater and an AMC theater if you're in the mood for something more laid back during your trip.

Overall, we were quite pleased with the hotel and found the $20 daily valet parking fee reasonable given that other hotels in the area were charging $25 for the same service. Our car never took more than 2-3 minutes to arrive and the hotel staff were very pleasant and friendly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]