Discount Broadway Tickets - Broadwaybox.com

lml
By lml,
in

If you're tired of standing in the TKTS line for hours, try a website called broadwaybox.com. They often have discounted tickets for a variety of Broadway and off-Broadway shows, sometimes as much as 30-50% off, though usually more like 30%. You can usually link directly from the site to buy the tickets online. Selection varies a lot, and there are often some restrictions as to day of week, etc., but if they have what you want, it lets you do something better with your time than standing at TKTS.

If I posted this in the wrong place, please move it to where it belongs. :)

• 2 months later...

Another thought: You can sometimes show up at TKTS late in the day and avoid the line. I went there twice around 6:30 p.m. (midweek) during the first week in June, and both times I walked up to a window with no wait. All shows were available except the hottest ones (Avenue Q, Wicked), which according to the TKTS website wouldn't have been there anyway. Our seats for Wonderful Town were just OK (orchestra, near front but way on the side), but for 42nd Street they were ideal (mezzanine, near front and center).

I tried the front-row lottery for Avenue Q (names go in a bucket starting at 5:30, drawing at 6:00), but didn't win. There were about 50 people trying for 12 seats.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi lml,

I'd like to ask you about this Broadwaybox.com.

I checked on the website and it doesn't have any discounted price beyond November.

I'm planning to see either Wicked/Mamma Mia!/The Producer :) on broadway and I'm trying to get cheaper tickets for me and my family.

We will be staying from 12/23-12/27 this coming December.

Is broadway show open during Xmas season?

Can you suggest on how to get cheaper tickets for those shows.

Any comments and/or suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how often they move the expiration of discounts on the broadwaybox website. Right now it advertises 40% of Movin' Out tickets through March 20. I'm planning to go see the show on March 24 and wondering if they will extend the discount in the next several days or so. Thanks!

I do not know, but they do have a 'contact us' link at their website :) (and please don't double post... as well, if you already have your hotel plans and purchased thru Priceline or Hotwire, please post your winning information to the board... if you found a great deal without the opaque services please add it to the OTHER DEALS HOTELS forum)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Broadway Box is a great site, most plays and musicals have discount codes along with an expiration date if a date is not yet available it normally comes available a month in advance to the date you're looking for, if at that point it still doesn't come available, theres a good chance it won't be getting discounted.

Also check out Theatre Mania, and sign up for the Playbill newsletter - it's free. Hope it helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]