Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Beach) Miami Beach Resort and Spa

TheKinz
By TheKinz,
in

Dates: Aug. 11-13, 2007

Bid in Miami Beach 4 star $110 - Rejected

Miami (South Beach) 4 star, 3 star - $110 Rejected

Tried $66, $80, $100 and finally $100 for the 3 star Miami Beach area and finally got the 3 star for $110 (was hoping to get one of the others on the priceline list).

After taxes, I know this is the exact advertised price on the hotel's website and Expedia, but I guess that's the risk you take. I wasn't getting anything else in the beach area, and didn't want to screw myself over and not get anything at all (being a busy time of the season).

Some mixed reviews for this place, it used to be the Wyndham. The big things are the extra "resort fee" per day ($12 or so) and parking being at $20 a day, with the wireless internet charge being $13 a day. I guess I won't be using the internet to surf betterbidding there. We'll find out what it's like when I get there. Thanks again for the targeted priceline list-always comes in handy.

Forgot to add 3* in the title, sorry.

I didn't even know you could call priceline. It's not about the $2, it's the principle. I didn't think they would take a bid that was more than a hotel's worth, but now I know better. That's why I figured I was going to get one of the better 3 stars, as my previous $100 bid was rejected. Well, I think I got a little hasty, but all in all, can't complain too much. Just wanted to let others who may be bidding on this zone know about this situation.

• 5 months later...

Just reporting back-we had a great time at the Miami Beach Resort and Spa. We stayed at the Marriot in the area-and this hotel was far better than the Marriot. Great beach, nice staff. The elevators sucked and the valet was awfully slow-but it far exceeded our expections. Beautiful hotel worthy of it's 3 stars.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]