Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTC) Sheraton New York

cdn
By cdn,
in

Hi, I've consulted the list but am still having trouble identifying this hotel for April 4-5th MTC area showing at $129

Star Rating: 4*

Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Business

Could it be one of the Ian Schrager hotels?

Also wondering about April 4-7th UWS (upper west) at $125

3.5*

Restaurant, Fitness, Business

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure of either of these.

Is there a particular hotel you are trying to target or are you very particular about your hotels?

If neither apply to you i would recommend trying Priceline for this purchase. Generally speaking the 4* hotels in NYC are very good, and given that we don't have a positive ID on either of the two above, i would just as soon save a little extra money.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh well, thanks for trying and the quick response.

I'm looking for something in UWS or MTC and not too particular about hotels but just wanted to see if I could get more info on either.

From the 5-7th I can get the Sheraton Hotel & Towers (cust fav) for $127 but still needed something for the 4th...

For the 3.5* in the UWS I'm trying to figure out if it's the Excelsior or On The Ave as both seem to generally be listed as 3.5 quality but the Boutique 4* MTC has me stuck. As for Priceline, it's just less complicated to use Hotwire as a Canadian and when I've used Hotwire before I've enjoyed being able to figure out where I was staying beforehand.

I just got back from NYC, and stayed at a 3.5 star hotel in UWS with those amenities, for$120. It turned out to be the Hudson, on W. 58th, not exactly what I usually think of as the UWS! The price was great, but be warned: the rooms are TINY, and if you turn around too fast in the bathroom, you'll ram your elbow on something. If you stay there, ask for a room on an upper floor; the bar is very loud and very hopping at night. You can also request a queen, rather than a double bed, if you prefer.

That said, I would take it again for that price. Have fun.

If THIS is the thread in which you won the HUDSON please follow up your original post. If it was won on a separate purchase please follow up the above post and also start a new thread for the Hudson purchase.

I'm sure, as you can see from this thread, that others will ultimately benefit from the information!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the advice, especially about the Hudson, great tip.

In the end I ended up getting the Sheraton Hotel & Towers from 04/04-04/06 for $116, and am going to play around to get something for the 7th as that night seemed to be holding me back. I would have tried the Hudson but the price had gone up to $133 and so the Sheraton was definitely worth it.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]