Need help with San Diego to Amsterdam

sirbeamer
By sirbeamer,
in

Hello there. I am new to this board, and could use some help. I frequently participate in other forums but I'm new here. Here is my question:

I frequently use priceline for hotels with great success. I have yet to use it for airfare. However, I am currently planning a last minute trip from San Diego to Amsterdam to visit my girlfriends family. The dates are August 8th through August 19th. The Airports are SAN (san diego) to AMS (amsterdam). Other posibilites, which I would prefer to avoid, include LAX going out, and arriving in brussels or dusseldorf. One connection is ok, but no more than that. The dates are slightly flexible, although again, the dates as entered would be ideal.

Other common fare search engines are turning up fares in the range of $1075 to $1250+ taxes included, which is certainly more than I would like to spend. I'm hoping to get it done for more in the $700 range. I understand that I will need to be flexible with my times and be willing to have a layover. That is fine, as long as it isn't more than say, 6 hours or so.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Best wishes,

Jason

What is the breakdown of base fare vs. taxes?

Well, the price on farechase has gone up today. Now it is showing as follows:

Continental Airlines:

Total: 1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $1,290.00

Additional Taxes/Fees $98.30

Total Price $1,388.30

Please help...I need to get this done today...much appreciated!

So to come in at or under your prefered $700 target you're maximum bid would top out at about $600.

You can now use the techniques from Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding to start at $450 or so and incrase $25 each re-bid until you get to $600.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]