Priceline Hotel: Jersey City 8/7 - 8/9

lek123
By lek123,
in

Hi

I plan to visit New York during Aug 7-9 and I am looking for a hotel. I will not have car during my stay there so I need hotel that is close to public transportation to Manhattan.

I try to bid 3* hotel in Jersey City form $70 - $80 - $90 - $100/night but still do not get it.

Do you have any suggestion? Is there any 2.5* hotel in Jersey City (for Priceline.com)?

My budget is about $100/night if possible.

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have already bid up to your budget, so your choices come down to:

• lower your star rating
  • raise your maximum bid
  • choose another nearby zone
  • wait it out

While the first two may be options for you, choosing another nearby zone may not be plausible since the next best areas (Secaucus, North Bergen, Rutherford, Meadowlands) are not always walkable to mass transit (most are, but a few may not be).

In regards to Jersey City, the Hyatt is over $300 per nite for these dates, so it's not surprising that your $100 bid was not accepted.

If you're unsuccessful with the opaque providers... where would you stay (and at what price?)

If you're willing to take a room with a shared bath (in the hallway) you could be directly in manhattan and stay at The Pod within your budget which is one of the better 'budget' accomodations in the city. If all you really need is a place to sleep, it may do the trick, here is what others have said.

Would the above work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are going to NYC the exact same dates and rates are sky high all week! I've been trying for a P/line room for over two weeks and I have found nothing...If you can stand a motor lodge type property the Holland motor lodge has King rooms for $91 tax incl which is at least $100 less than anywhere I've found in Manhattan. I've stayed there before and the trip advisor reviews are generally good and you get a lite breakfast in the morning to boot. Its not the Hilton but its better than a lot of the Midtown budget properties. Access to the Path train into Manhattan is about a 5-7 min walk and the Holland tunnel is right by the property.

The Holland Motor Lodge is pretty sketchy, imo.

As I said, its not the Hilton but it doesn't have a shared bath like the Pod and the stated budget of less than $100 doesn't give you many options. You can cut thru the shopping center across the street from the Holland to get to the Path train station. The area is not that great mainly due to the busy streets around the Holland Tunnel but the rooms I've got there were all ok and about 1-star or Econo-Lodge type quality. Since I am usually not in my room much when I go to NYC unless I am on a working trip and need to be close to a convention this is one of my options for a cheap place to stay. It's also one of the few properties where you can park your car for free around NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]