Priceline Hotel: 2* Dover Days Inn Downtown

wilsonucla
By wilsonucla,
in

well around 175+, even for 1 to 2* hotels/motles :)

is there an area near by that may save me some cash and is close?

how about Dover?

hotels down the shore don't have a problem selling out on weekends at top dollar, so they don't release any inventory to Priceline or Hotwire. I might use some of the tools on the board such as Travelocity, Expedia and Cheap Tickets and search Bethany, Rehoboth. I think that there is a state park near Lewes that offers campsites if you are inclined.

Good luck!

Not much to go on here, but i would first try:

3* Bid $55, if rejected lower to

2.5* Bid $50, if rejected lower to

2* Bid $40.

Increase each bid by $10 over the next two days. If not successful by your last day to bid we'll adjust the numbers accordingly.

Might want ot make sure you have a back-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started at savingsbarn.com with my friend by my side

I was rejected at $71

then had my friend try

Approved! 2* $75

Dover-Days Inn Downtown

272 North Dupont Highway

Dover, Delaware

I'm happy with this hotel, I was going to stay here if I was not approved and pay $90 a night (govt rate) , so its a good deal!

Thrilled to know there's a place in my town for future visitors! This is a little late, but for anyone else's future reference:

A good friend stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks in April at the regular rate. He is a finicky man with frequent insomnia who travels often and regularly changes hotels when he isn't satisfied. He was thrilled to have the Olive Garden across the street (there's also a Red Lobster, chain drug store, and Dunkin' Donuts around the corner).

As for beach traffic, if you are staying south of New Castle, it usually isn't too bad unless there is an accident (and you can switch between Rt 1 and Rt 13 if it's slow going). EZ Pass speeds it up considerably, since there tend to be backups in the cash lanes, particulary at the Dover toll. Try to get on SOUTH of Dover Downs to avoid tolls and backups

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]