Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sutton Place

crahn8
By crahn8,
in

Having a hard time choosing....any ideas which hotels these are and which are best? We pretty much want to be downtown HOWEVER dont want to spend a ton on parking!

Downtown Toronto $89

4* - restaurant, pool, fitness, business

OR

Downtown Toronto

3.5* - restaurant pool business fitness spa

$60 room per night Customer Favorite!

or at airport

4* - shuttle, restaurant pool business fitness spa

airport

3.5*

shuttle restaurant pool business fitness

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please have a look at the HOTWIRE TORONTO HOTELS List (some are beyond the first post) and you will find the following matches:

Downtown:

4* Hilton Toronto

3.5* Sheraton Centre

Airport:

4* Sheraton Gateway

3.5* not sure, but if it also has a laundry icon (you didn't list one) then it matches the Holiday Inn

I'm not very familiar with the area but recall hearing good things about the Sheraton Centre. Perhaps somebody more familiar with the area might reply too.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You should really consider using Priceline instead for Toronto ...

4*'s usually go for in the $60's and you could land the Intercontinental, Hilton or Metropolitan.

I would start at $60 and if rejected, bid $65.

Toronto bidding on Priceline offers countless free rebid opportunities...

I would not try for 3*'s as the Courtyard Marriott which comes up for the low $30's is pretty shabby but very well located.

Enjoy Toronto...

Can't directly comment on those specific hotels, but I always do my hotel research on www.tripadvisor.com. The brutal truth (some good stories, some bad), plus a lot of posts from Priceline and Hotwire users on if there were any issues at check-in.

List the hotels available on Hotwire, check the reviews on tripadvisor (to steer clear of the bad-apples) and go back and book your hotel.

Have fun in Toronto!

P.S. Don't bother with the area around the Airport. It's too far from the city. Your time and money would be better spent on a downtown hotel than for a taxi.

Hey - thanks for the responses. Working with Priceline for the first time. Entered 55 - rejected, then it said to change my original request, which I did - to 60, but it keeps coming up to change the original request. I only want downtown and 4* - what am I doing wrong?

Oh and by the way...go Spartans!! :)

In order to bid again without waiting 72 hours you have to either add another zone or lower your minimum star quality. This is where re-bidding comes in and is explained here: PRICELINE TIPS: Bidding Again Before 72 Hours

Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with us or ask any questions if you don't fully understand the above. When bidding 4* in this area, you have 8 re-bid zones available.

Let us know if you need add'l help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK - did Priceline and got Sutton Place for $70 this weekend. I hope it's a good place!!! Oh, and another tip for you - I did Hotwire for Chicago last summer - got the Tremont, boutique hotel for $75 and they moved us to the W because they had no room and it was their sister property!! Very cool place.

Is Sutton Place nice? A little disappointed since I was hoping for a pool.

Are the actual dates for this stay 4/2-4/4?

Website shows that they do indeed have a pool, although it looks a little small but should be sufficient if you just want to get wet. In the future if you really want a specific amenity i recommend Hotwire over Priceline.

Please post your Chicago purchase as a new post in the ILLINOIS>>HOTWIRE section of the board as nobody looking for Chicago hotels will see it here in the Canada section :)

Thanks for sharing and in advance for a follow-up to the date(s) of this stay.

Not too worry, coming from Toronto, I can assure you this is considered an exceptional hotel .... it is located in the block of Toronto finest hotels ... Park Hyatt, Intercontinetal, Four Seasons ... and you are also next to Yorkville which is the trendiest fashion district in Canada.

FYI: The Sutton Place is also where most of the stars stay when they come to T.O. for the film festival.

Be sure to check out Panorama at the corner of Bay St. and Bloor St. which is a lounge/cafe on the 52nd floor and has incredible views of the city ... it's also seconds from the Sutton Place.

For next time ... try raising your bid in smaller increments as you may end up with a different hotel. The Intercontinental and other 4*s come in the $60's.

Cool! Thanks! Taking the kids to the Science Center. Not sure what else, but my teenage daughter will probably dig the fashion district!!

Yeah, I stepped up the bids by only a couple bucks at a time. This was the first I could get at 4* - probably cuz it's last minute!!

We're back! Ran into a family who got Sutton Place from Hotels.com for $100 - hee hee. Actually, I was a bit disappointed. Rooms were fairly dated with no frills. Also stained sheets, which they promptly changed. Workout room was ok. Pool was small. I get the feeling some hotels get a 4* just for having marble bathrooms! BUT the concierge was wonderful - called all the record stores in Toronto looking for a Bare Naked Ladies t shirt for her - couldn't find it but instead got her two free posters! Parking was 28 a day. All in all, kinda wished I would have done Sheraton instead. Oh well...lesson learned.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]