Hotwire Hotel: 3 Star Beverly - Westwood - Century City....

jrarey
By jrarey,
in

Think I'm on to something....

Went back to HOTWIRE to have another look, same hotel came up at same price. Besides the amenity icons there is a link to 'See Hotel Details'. Mostley generic stuff except this page tells us the star rating Hotwire uses is the Tripadvisor Traveler Rating, and this property has been reviewed on Ta 60+ times. Ahha, so on reviewing hotels in the same geographic area on Tripadvisor, there is only one hotel that comes back with a Traveler Rating of 3 stars, and 60+ reviews (69). (Oddly, the general hotel list page says 71 reviews, but clicking thru to read a full review shows 60 reviews.) My bet is the property is the Beverly Pavilion. Seems it is in the midst of a major overhaul, so I'm guessing the amenities change from day to day. If I were interested in staying here I would take the plunge just to test the theory, but alas, I am not.

Most exciting to me is that comparing Tripadvisor info may be a way to further distinguish hotels with identical or very similar amenities. Something I will check out further and dutifully report back to this great forum.

Joe

I agree, jrarey, that the Beverly Pavillion seems likely. Hotwire says this 3* hotel is rated 3.0 on TripAdvisor and that's the BP's rating there.

The Beverly Pavillion is $169 for those dates, so $114 is a pretty good deal....IF you wanted that hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]