Hotwire Hotel: Help. 3.5* and above in Seattle 4 Apr

chasman
By chasman,
in

Looking for a room for my folks for one night (Sunday, 4th of April). On HW this is what currently comes up -

3* $67

3.5* $96

4* $123

4.5* $128

5* $245

My goal is to get my folks into a 3.5* or above for $70 or less. I stayed in Seattle a few months back and got a 3.5* for $61. I don't understand why prices are so high on HW. It's less than a week away, a Sunday night and not summer yet. Hmmmm.

I have read here that PL prices are usually only about $10 less than HW so still steeper than what I paid a few months ago. Is my goal too ambitious?

My folks have to take the Victoria Clipper at 8am so that's why I am trying to get them a room downtown.

Advice? Suggs? Other websites such as Hotels.com??

Thanks!

Yes. Sorry for not being more clear.

I am looking for advice for getting a 3.5* or above in Downtown Seattle for $70 or less on the 4th of April.

I was thinking maybe of using other websites that I have never used before like Hotels.com or some other website suggestions.

The answer might be "tough luck - not much you can do except pay the $96 on HW or bid $85 on PL."

HTH. Thanks.

Tough luck - not much you can do except pay the $96 on HW. :)

Actually, there's not much we can do to change the prices for you... and as WillTravel pointed out, Priceline may not be the best option for 3* Downtown Seattle.

I think your choices are:

1) Pay up for Hotwire's 3.5*

2) Since you're paying more than you want for a Hotwire 3.5*, maybe go even a little higher for a 4* on Priceline (more money, but perhaps a better value)

3) Choose another nearby zone

It doesn't really get cheaper than Priceline and Hotwire, so i can't offer much more than the above 3 options in the way of alternatives.

I did find a standard room at the Red Lion Seattle South for $64/nite but i don't know where that is in relation to where you want to be (but the description made it sound as if it wasn't near anything).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is not a criticisim -- just an observation. It is not Hotwire that is so expensive. It is Seattle. There are so many other cities I can get good deals on... Seattle is not really one of them. Sometimes a good deal on a 4* plus is well over $100. You might want to also try Entertainment rates. If the availability is there, you may be able to get a 50% off rack rate room for a 3* hotel. You can always book a room at the Entertainment rate and then try to borrow someones card in the next few days (if you don't have a book).

Check places you know already are less expensive and have availability on Expedia (like the Vance for instance) and then call their 1-800 or direct number to ask about their Entertainment rate or any weekend specials.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]