Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Radisson Gateway Airport

yul
By yul,
in

Radisson Hotel Gateway- Seattle

18118 International Blvd

Seattle, Washington 98188

2 rooms for two nights - got it on the first bid - I was not expecting this hotel because it was also showing on the non-opaque side of Priceline. A lesson learned.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $60.00

Subtotal: $240.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $45.06

Total Charges*: $285.06

Date booked: Sat, 07/21/07

I booked a total of 3 rooms at the Radisson - two on Priceline first, 1 on Hotwire after that. I was hoping not get the Radisson on Priceline because I knew that they would not accept a rollaway - but PL played a trick on me and gave me a hotel that was also showing on the non-opaque side. Without a rollaway, I needed a third room and I was pretty sure that what was showing on Hotwire was also the Radisson based on info posted on the board. You can't win them all... :)

They do have rollaways but they don't allow them in rooms with two double beds. To go with two rooms, I absolutely needed one room that had two beds + a rollaway (2 adults / 3 children) and another room for the grandparents (no kids sharing that room). I had checked with them before doing any transactions via Hotwire and Priceline and that is why I was hoping not to get the Radisson. I tried calling them a second time after getting the first two rooms and they were rather cold about the fact I booked with PL. I had no choice but to go with a 3rd room. :)

As for the reply written by thereuare, this situation is a bit unfortunate for me but I was really under the impression that hotels that showed on the retail of PL would not come up on the opaque side at the same time. I should have read the FAQ a bit more in detail. On the bright side, I am still getting three rooms for $180 per night compared to the retail of $480 per night and you can't beat the proximity of the Radisson to the SEATAC airport.

Thanks for your support and info. I will be that much wiser the next time because I still need to book two other nights in DT Seattle starting on 10/04/07. Any suggestions on how I can avoid booking three rooms (3* or 4 *) with what is available now on PL or Hotwire?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]