GA Savannah Marriott Riverfront-Historic District

Nene
By Nene,
in

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront (3/26-3/28) and in one word it was FABULOUS!! We arrived to find that the hotel was full for the weekend. The desk clerk still asked if I had a smoking preference and I said non-smoking if possible. She tapped away on the computer and then stated that there didn't appear to be any left. The desk supervisor then jumped on a computer too and tapped away and they found one still available :). Both of these ladies were extremely pleasant and courteous. The room was not ready but they checked me in and DH and I headed the short distance down to the waterfront for a beverage while we waited. When we returned, we received the same courteous service and headed up to our room.

The room was immaculate, large and very comfortable with down pillows and down quilts on the bed. The best part was we had a gorgeous view of the river from our 3rd floor room. Yep, we had been upgraded without even asking. Even with the hotel full, we were so pleasantly surprised. The room came equipped with a 4 cup coffee pot, Iron, Hair Dryer and access to Web TV. TGI Fridays provided room service until late into the night at very reasonable prices.

I will definitely hope to win this hotel again. It was a great experience and a wonderful stay. The fact that we won this hotel off Priceline was never a factor. The staff always went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable.

There was a great bit of construction going on in the street in front of the hotel, but the detour signs were easy to follow and access to the hotel was easy to get to, so it never was a problem for us.

They definitely get a thumbs up!

Denise

• 6 years later...

Stayed here 3/5/10-3/11/10. Room was clean; staff were generally helpful and very friendly. Location was good--a short walk to the main riverfront strip. Views of the river were great and unobstructed.

I would not stay at this hotel again for a couple reasons. The indoor pool is in the heart of the open lobby. One bar closes at 10pm and the other is a very trendy, quiet bar with few places to sit and so-so service. The PPV movie we rented was of poor quality due to a satellite issue; they couldn't fix it and didn't take it off our bill. Wi-fi was pay per use and expensive.

It's not a bad place to stay, just don't expect any extra amenities.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]