Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Bothell) Country Inn and Suites

heffman
By heffman,
in

Pardon my ignornace as a newbie here but is there a rule of thumb for bookiing hotels (Seattle specifically)? Are better savings achieved by waiting to a day or two before you intend to need the accommodation, or is a week out good, or longer, or shorter---or is there no rhyme nor reason more times than not? Or is 'it depends" the most reliable reply to my question?

Any and all tips, graciously appreciated.

Many thanks,

heffman

Aug 24, 25th

Sept 8th

Sept 22nd

Oct 13th

Oct 20th

Nov 11th

Nov 18th

Dec 8th

Dec 22nd

My plan is to begin bidding 1-3 weeks prior to each date and monitor all the info I can find here...if any of you have any specific tips please let me know...I'm more than happy in the outskirts at reputable 2.5 star places but also wouldn't turn down a nice deal downtown at the westin, sheraton or marriott seattle or edgewater if I could nab it for under $120....

These are all carved in stone dates as I'm going for sure unless I get hit by a truck that is :) These are all nights before Seattle Seahawk football games if that factors into the eqaution...

Thanks for any and all assistance,

heffman

You said you want to bid 1-3 weeks in advance but your first dates--August 24 and 25---are almost six weeks away.

Usually we don't suggest bid strategies until you're actually ready to bid because strategies are based on current hotel rates. Three weeks from now hotel rates might be different and the bidding strategy would change accordingly.

If your first set of dates are firm and you're ready to bid now someone can suggest a strategy. Otherwise let us know when you're actually ready to bid.

Also...both the options you mentioned---a 4* Downtown around $120 or a 2.5* in the suburbs for much less---are possible. Which do you prefer? You have to bid for one or the other first.

If you go for the suburban 2.5* (or a 3* or 2.5* Downtown for that matter) please look at Priceline's Seattle map and let us know exactly which zones are acceptable to you and if you have any preferences among them.

You folks are too helpful, not used to this....thx so much...here goes with the added info...

For Aug 24th and 25th I'd like to pay high $30's low $40's for the Bothel area for a 2.5*...

My plan (rookie, clueless plan perhaps) is to try that, then if rejected I will add the everett area then maybe the north everett area with each new bid....make sense or no?

Many thanks,

jeff

Can you define what your limit for a 2.5* in Bothell is with a specific price like $44 or $48? That's the maximum you're willing to pay for a 2.5* in Bothell before going down to a 2* or bidding in some other zone. "High 30's, low 40's" is a little too squishy.

Also do you understand how free rebidding works? I think you probably do since you mentioned Everett and North Everett, but I want to make sure.

I initially bid tonight at $39 for a one night stay in SEATTLE in late August

It was rejected so I added the University area and upped my bid to $41

That, too, was rejected so I added the Lake Union area and upped bid to $43 and it was ACCEPTED

The hotel is the Country Inn and Suites in Bothel and I've stayed there before...It's very good so I'm very pleased...real nice pool, wonderful breakfast, free wireless Internet, everything I wanted and so much more and all at a real good price if you ask me!

Thanks to one and all who helped me out...very much appreciated...

FYI I used SavingsBarn PRICELINE link too

Cheers,

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear your first venture with priceline went so well.

Nice that you're familiar with the hotel and you're looking forward to your return stay... bet you paid just a bit more for your previous stay at this property :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for starting your bid with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

PS- i've added 8/24-8/26 to your topic title, if these dates are not correct for this stay please let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

from Priceline's terms and conditions:

Frequent Traveler Points: Frequent traveler points, upgrades, certificate vouchers and other discounts or incentives may not apply to priceline.com's hotel service.

that said, I usually present my affinity card at check in and occasionally get points for Marriott stays, never with Hilton or Holiday Inn. My statements usually reflect the stay, but will show zero points for the stay, unless I charge dinner or incidentals to the room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]