Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) Westin

trooper508
By trooper508,
in

Is the appearance of a certain hotel on the Hotwire site (or what I believe to be a certain hotel based on the amenities) any indication that there is sufficient availability at the hotel for it to be offered on Priceline? I've only Pricelined a few times before (3), but my winning bids have been what I believed to be the Hotwire hotels for my city/area. Thanks for the help.

There may be a correlation... but it's hardly anything approaching 100%.

Complicating issues is the different star rating systems that each use.... HOTWIRE can show a 3* hotel and a 3.5* hotel for the same search, but if these are both 3* hotels on priceline (which has no 3.5* rating in their system), it can get a bit more confusing.

Is there a particular hotel, zone, dates you're inquiring about?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess we can also add to the reasons listed above: Often the zone boundaries are different.

... which is very much the instance in your situation.

Note that priceline only has one zone for the Airport ORD, while HOTWIRE divides it into ORD North and ORD South. I would think if the hotel you're seeking appears on HOTWIRE, it would still be risky (more so than in other situations) since the zones are very different. For example, if the Hilton loads a rate into the priceline and hotwire system (let's assume it's the same rate for both) at $60, but a property in the Southern part of the zone (ORD South on hotwire but still the ORD zone on priceline) loads a $55 price... the Hilton would be offered in Hotwire's ORD North zone but if you bid for it you could likely get the other hotel in the southern part of the zone.

Is HOTWIRE showing what you believe to be the Hiton in the ORD South zone? If so, how much is it?

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any searches and/or purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last night, I noticed a 4* "Customer Favorite" in ORD North for 8/17 - 8/19 for $79/nt. Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access. Today, I see a 4* with the same amenities for the same rate, but no "Customer Favorite" notation.

Is the Customer Favorite note only associated with specific hotels, or is it something that can occasionally appear for different hotels? Can you use that to ID a hotel? While searching earlier posts, it seems the Customer Favorite has shown up for the O'Hare Hilton. If all else is equal, but no Cust Fav, can I ID that hotel as the Westin?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

Customer Favorite designations come and go, and can even apppear/disappear from search to search, so that is not a good indicator to ID a property. Amenity icons can change too, but that is the best indicator to use to help ID a property. As of the last report for each property, the Hilton and the Westin have different amenities, so that distinction should be used to ID the properties... everything else is merely a secondary indicator to give further support/doubt of the hotel in question.

Got the Westin O'Hare for 8/17-8/20 at $79/nt on Hotwire. $272.54 total for three nights. Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, HS internet. NO golf in the amenities list prior to buying, although the pinned list notes golf for the Westin.

Used the HOTWIRE link from this site for the purchase.

Thanks for the help. Would have preferred the Hilton, and probably would have bid via Priceline for a little cheaper had I known for sure it wasn't the Hilton, but that's what makes Priceline/Hotwire fun. I'm pleased with the Westin.

Thanks for the post and for the update to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Although not the hotel you were hoping for, still nearly 50% off of a direct purchase at this property so a very nice deal for these dates.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]