Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Philadelphia Suburbs (Plymouth Meeting Norristown) Residence Inn

lynx
By lynx,
in

Hi,

I need help with bidding on 2.5* or 2* in Plymouth Meeting Norristwon area for 09/06/07. I've been trying to bid unsuccessully for the last week and a half. Started with posted winning bid here of $38. Went all the way up to $50 and still rejected. Am I bidding too early? Why is it so high? Any suggestions? :) Thanks!!!!

the $38 winning bids have been for weekend nights, your date of travel is a Thursday, hotels in this area typically cater to business travellers and probably have no difficulty filling them Monday-Thursday. What is your maximum bid per night? Would you consider staying in an adjacent zone(s) such as Willow Grove or King of Prussia?

I've been bidding for a 2* in PM for over a week for the weekend (Fri-Sun) for two weeks before your stay. I'm up to $45.00 which is really the max I want and shot down every time - even using BB strategy. Sure Hope I can get room soon.

I'm up to $55 and still no luck... :)

Update - successful bid this morning - got 2.5 Plymouth meeting hotel for $57 plus taxes (all together almost $70) - Residence Inn Conshohocken. Though was hoping to get it cheaper- I'm still satisfied.

Thanks! Great for a weekday night. I think they have FREE happy hour there during the week - not weekends. I got Residence Inn last year (usually I get Springhill). The room I had was HUGE. A little worn but HUGE. Based on other prices out there, I think you got lucky. I can't bid again until tonight but may try $57. for the Sat Night Stay.

Actually, last year I was rejected at 2.5 * at about $45.00 and dropped to 2* at same price and got the Residence Inn.

Steve

I got a wonderful time at this hotel, and I gave each breakfast staff a $20 tip last time I was there, so you know how happy we were ... :)

It can walk to Conshohoken Train Station, just two blocks, and take #7 train to downtown Philladelphia, a long to route, you can get off at Temple Univ, Chinatown, City Hall, U Penn ...etc. very convenient. There is also a biking route to Fairmount Park and all the way to downtown, on the other direction, going to Valley Forge Park. It is also very close to Barnes & Nobel Plymouth Meeting where you will find a big shopping center. I got it for $42 last time, but I think $57 still a good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]