Bannded from hotel/Rental car agency!!

OSUBUCKEYES
By OSUBUCKEYES,
in

Hey all I have a question. Please advise if anyone is familiar with this situation. I am banned from a particular hotel in Las Vegas as well as not allowed to rent a car from Alamo due to an unfortunate accident. These situations are unrelated. I was wondering what happens if I bid for a car and it happens to be an Alamo. Will priceline/hotwire reaccomodate me? They cannot charge me for a rental car/hotel room that the company will not provide. Thanks for the assitance.

I am banned from a particular hotel in Las Vegas...
Win too much money?? Perhaps a topic for another "Off Topic" thread :)

I would assume they would cancel the reservation... not necessarily reaccomodate (how could they, if the hotel you're banned from accepted a $100 bid and the next available hotel at that star level is priced at $150). Usually cancellations come with the "ok" from the hotel, so i would think in this instance the hotel would be fine in cancelling the reservation. However, this is such an isolated insident that i can't say as we've never encountered anything similar on the board before.

However, in vegas there are usually/often better options than priceline/HOTWIRE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How about National Car rental? Both are owned by the same parent company. Also, many locations are franchised.

Hey! No unfortunately it has nothing to do with winning too much and more to do with a drunked fight inside the Excalibur a few years ago. To be honest I wouldnt stay at that hole again and generally do not use priceline for Vegas unless I am going to bid for the Venetian. My question was more a question out of curiosity as I was discussing the issue with a coworker. I am unsure about the lenght of the ban from the Excalibur or whether this applies to all Mandalay properties. To be honest I really havent wanted to go back and find out. Also the rental car thing has to do with a cab hitting me in Miami and although I paid for insurance somehow they still want me to pay $700+. Not sure how that works and dont really care to find out. Regardless I scored a rental car in Columbus for Labor Day weekend and used the HOTWIRE link. Its almost time for the Buckeyes to repeat as Big Ten Champions. Thanks for the help!

Being REALLY banned from a Las Vegas hotel involves them reading you the Trespass Act (you can then be arrested for trespassing). Otherwise you have been "86ed" which might or might not be enforced on a future trip. Normally the ban or trespass is only for that property (Excalibur/Luxor/Manadalay are now MGM Mirage properties). You should read a BBS catering to gamblers to learn more about the fine points of being 86ed/Trespassed.

• 3 weeks later...

interesting topic. many, many years ago I wrecked a Thrifty rental car and the clerk on the phone told me (minutes after the accident) that "now, you know we can't bring you another car." And then later they told me that I couldn't rent with Thrifty again. I found that strange/funny considering I had insurance, etc. As if I was the first person that ever wrecked a Thrifty car...

So I've simply never rented from them again. Not sure if the ban is still in place 20-some years later!

• 2 months later...

My wife totaled a Hertz rental car on 9/11. It was rented under my name through AAA. My memory is Hertz didn't want to rent us a car right after that (I was on some heavy pain killers...). But I've rented several times since, through AAA, Hotwire, Priceline, and Last Minute travel.

Her insurance was through AAA and they paid Hertz for the car a month later, with my AmEX paying the deductable. I'm not sure if the quick resolution "cleaned the slate".

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]