Canada Toronto Downtown Intercontinental

TripleQ
By TripleQ,
in

Seems to be popping up a lot for 4* Toronto Downtown. Stayed there on a weekend getaway last weekend for $60US.

Location is great, right near the high-end shopping district of Bloor/Yorkville. Close to subway as well. Lots of fast food options around, but check out Dynasty across the street and over a block for dim sum. Quite a bit more expensive than places in Chinatown or in suburban Toronto, but the quality is higher.

Hotel rooms are pretty nice and roomy, include printer/fax, internet and modem connections, beds are comfy. Also a desk and a sitting area with a couch, so almost a mini-suite. Not sure if was a standard room or not, but they did know we were on a Priceline rate. Washrooms are pretty big, full of marble, and have a separate shower and bathtub which is a nice touch. Good water pressure and heat.

Staff was nice and courteous. We didn't ask for much though, so didn't have much interaction with them. Bell and Valet staff were friendly.

I hate how these high end places really nickel and dime you though... $7 for a bottle of water in the room, charges for coffee in the room, and watch out for the valet parking.. it's $30 Cdn! Park elsewhere if you can.

Main complaint would be the entrance to the hotel. They don't have a driveway or covered entrance, so if it's busy you're going to have to double park on a main busy street (Bloor) while unloading... and pray that it's not raining!

• 5 months later...

I agree with the comments given above - room sounds just the same. I sayed at his hotel for 4 nights in mid August 2004, price was also $60 (equivalent).

I had booked through Priceline UK, which does not have the 'extra night' feature, so I had 2 separate bookings for this period. At the first check-in I was told that I would need to check in again the next day - but when I did go to the desk the second time everything had already been done and my new key was waiting for me to pick it up.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at this location October 9 and paid 57.00 through Priceline. We were in town to see a taping of the Red Green show. It is in a nice location. The hotel is one of the nicest we have stayed at (but bear in mind I'm budget minded). It is quite upscale and the staff is quite friendly. The room (a King bed) was quite large. It had data ports, an in room bar, etc. and fluffy robes next to the bath/shower. When we checked in we were offered a suite for an additional 30.00 CDN but declined. We garage parked two blocks away for 11.00 overnight - much less than the hotel rates. As noted there are many places to eat in the area. I recommend this place if you want to have an upscale experience for a decent price.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]