Priceline Hotel: 3* Fort Wayne Hilton at the Grand Wayne Center

vo1one
By vo1one,
in

Congratulations on your win!

These seems very cheap for a Hilton property... a great deal! (even more so when the Hilton Website shows this hotel sold-out for this nite) Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the the PRICELINE link at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results..

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... a great deal! (even more so when the Hilton Website shows this hotel sold-out for this nite)

Immediately after I won, I checked the Hilton site and there was a room available at that time. IIRC, it almost $100 more than what I paid through Priceline. I'm very pleased with the amount I paid .. and I get a world class property for that price, not somewhere I'd fear for my life like some of the 1 to 2* hotels in Ft Wayne :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ended up getting a smoking room with two double beds. When checking in, the employee asked me for my name. It seemed they had been expecting me. He asked, "You booked on Priceline, correct?" I wasn't expecting this. I told him yes. They had priceline hand-written all over everything, the bill, even the paper holder for the room keys. He also said something to the effect of, "I don't know how to put this tactfully, but you booked on priceline for a heavily discounted rate. As such, you end up with rooms we couldn't sell otherwise, so you will be in a smoking double queen room." They took my credit card for incidentals and when I signed the form, the price I payed on priceline was actually on the invoice! I'd never seen this before. The guy acted like I was taking money out of his own pockets personally. It seems they treat their priceline guests as second rate citizens. I arrived at 7pm and left around 6 the next morning and at check out I saw he charged 2 days worth of parking in the garage across the street, for a total of $14! I didn't even park in their garage as the meters 2 blocks away from the garage (in front of the YMCA) are free after 6 and before 8. They refunded the parking but it didn't seem they were too happy about it. I didn't let any of it get me down. I was too happy I saved over $100 and didn't have to stay at the Travelodge. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]