Hotwire Hotel: Boutique or not Boutique?

jsparis
By jsparis,
in

I am booking a room in MTE for 4/18-4/20. The two rooms I've been circling are a 4.5*@ $163.00 [boutique, fitness, high-speed internet access, business center, spa] (W New York, perhaps?), and a 4* @ $156.00 [restaurant, pool, fitness center, high speed internet access, tennis] (UN Millenium Plaza?) I've been burned a few times in NYC by 3* hotels, so a 4* is a minimum. The UN Millenium Plaza looks nice, but my business is near Times Square, and I'm not sure how far it really is, in terms of shoe leather. Also, I've never stayed at a boutique hotel, so I'm unsure of the experience (although, a 4.5* rating should allay my fears).

On the other hand, what kind of 4.5* hotel has no restaurant?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

-jsp

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The "W New York" on Lexington (MTE) does indeed have a restaurant (according to Expedia... but who needs a hotel restaurant in NYC?!?). Hotwire doesn't always show all the amenity icons.

The advantage of the Millinium is that the rooms are bit large

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that Hotwire doesn't always list all amenties. It makes it harder to pin down a property. I'm tempted to go with the boutique MTE hotel @ $163.00. I just don't want to book at one of the Schrager hotels (in fairness, I've never stayed at one, but know two people who have and had bad experiences). I've heard good things about the Kitano, which Hotels.com is offering @ $184.00. It might be worth it this trip to know what I'm getting.

I'm still wondering if that 4.5* is the W.

-jsp

I'm still wondering if that 4.5* is the W.

I'm not saying it is, but i'd be very surprised if it wasn't. Ultimately you're the one spending the money so it's a decision/risk only you can decide if it's worth taking.

Is this your first time using Priceline and/or Hotwire?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]