Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Atlanta (Buckhead) Courtyard

Travelnow
By Travelnow,
in

Won this on my first bid. The lowest rate I found for this property was $159. I had been bidding for several weeks with the hopes of snagging one of the great 4*s in Buckhead. The rates were very high for all of the 4 hotels that normally come up. The lowest was at the JW Marriott-$299 prepaid. This is a Thursday check-in and I could have waited a few days, but I got tired of bidding. Since the 3*s in this area can be a little iffy (especially the Sheraton, and the rates indicated this would be the likely win) I decided to go for the 2.5*. There are actually 6 free rebids for a 2.5* in Atlanta :) , so I knew I would most likely win a bid, if there was any availability. When I checked the rates, I felt there was a good chance I'd win the Courtyard and I did. This is a great location for us (near the Buckhead Marta station and Lenox Mall) and generally gets good reviews. It also has free internet, always a big plus. We are happy and will spend our savings at the Mall!

In checking your hotel list I don't see this one. Since it will be an addition, I will try to post a review after our stay.

Thank you for this great Priceline/Hotwire resource. We used the SavingsBarn.com site to begin all of our MANY bids for this trip.

Since the 3*s in this area can be a little iffy (especially the Sheraton, and the rates indicated this would be the likely win) I decided to go for the 2.5*.

You do realise that PL could have (and usually does) 'upgrade' you to a 3* as the star level you choose is the lowest you are willing to accept.

Glad you got what you wanted.

Congratualtions on your win!

Glad to see you didn't get caught up in the "i have to win a 4 star hotel" syndrome and re-thought your plans acordingly when you saw that inventory was getting tough and your bids getting too high. A good example of how it's all about the deal and value, and you can usually make it work with a little flexibility. Nice to see it when a plan comes together and that you received the hotel you were hoping for at this star level.

Assuming you used some of your re-bid zones, do you recall the amount of your highest previously rejected bid at the 2.5* level?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Today was my first try at a 2.5* and $40 was my first bid. I would have only bid up to $45. Any higher and I would (in my opinion) risk being upgraded to a 3*. In my research, staying at/ below $45 would give me a 2.5* in this zone. Rates just tend to be a little higher in Buckhead. Sometimes the 2.5*s are even higher than the 3*s booked conventionally. The Sheraton's rate was low enough that I assumed it would snag any 3* bid. We have not stayed at this Courtyard previously but have found other Courtyards to meet our needs. This will be our first stay in anything but a 4* in Buckhead in years. Priceline and this Board have turned us into such hotel snobs :).

Last year, around this same time, we had this same problem with Buckhead, in all star levels. There was a HUGE convention in town and we ended up with an ok 3* in the Perimenter zone-the Holiday Inn Select I have seen reported as a recent win. The desk person saw us in her computer as a member of their loyalty program and upgraded us to 2 of their best rooms. They were just barely acceptable. I did not want a repeat of that.

I do realize there is always a possibility of an involuntary upgrade when bidding 2.5*. I was willing to accept that risk. Even when we have won hotels with mixed reviews, we have always been pleasantly surprised with our result. If we had won the Sheraton, we would have made the best of it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]