Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Radisson

Hummus
By Hummus,
in

Looks like I need a little more help, for the third leg of our trip.

The destinations are... all over the place: Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Observatory, etc. While I'd just want to sleep on the beach and maybe snorkel at Catalina Island. So I'd guess we need a place that is fairly central, well connected. Close to the ocean is a plus.

I bid on Priceline ( through savingsbarn) for 2 4* rooms on Long Beach and LAX between $50 and $80 per room but got nothing.

Now I am looking on HOTWIRE (quad occupancies):

3-star hotel in Long Beach $103 (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, laundry, Internet)

3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $105 (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, business center, Internet)

Looking for 2 rooms I get:

3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $62 (b-fast, gym, pool, business center, Internet)

Interestingly, the 3.5's in lax seem to be different. They differ in amenities and the $62 one is "customer favorite".

Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Checked. I can still see it.

You searched: "Long Beach, California", 07/25/2007 - 07/28/2007, 1 room, 3 nights, 4 adults

Hmmm, is it possible that Hotwire has changed its algorithms to lie juuuust a little bit? Those 3.5* between 2 and 1 rooms also looks awfully similar except the amenities...

3-star hotel in Long Beach $103 (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, laundry, Internet)
Still not seeing anything like this
3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $105 (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, business center, Internet)
Radisson would be our best guess.
Looking for 2 rooms I get:

3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $62 (b-fast, gym, pool, business center, Internet)

I don't show this property either.

Do you still show all the above on a current HOTWIRE search? (and if so that you have zones listed above correct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just checked using the link you provided and:

- the $103 is still there but at $109

- the $105 is there

- the $62 (when searching for 2 rooms) is gone :) the best I got instead was:

3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX $79 (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, business, Internet)

I see the Long Beach property now... it has not yet been identified, but if i were to take a guess i'd think the Holiday Inn would be a likely candidate... the Crowne Plaza and Coast Long Beach Hotel possibilities as well.

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us konw what you ultimately decide of if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any recommandations between Long Beach an LAX? I have no idea which one would be a better choice...

From your initial post:

The destinations are... all over the place: Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Observatory, etc. While I'd just want to sleep on the beach and maybe snorkel at Catalina Island. So I'd guess we need a place that is fairly central, well connected. Close to the ocean is a plus.

Wherever you stay you'll be doing some driving but Long Beach is a long commute to the destinations you mentioned.

Since you want to be near the ocean what about Santa Monica? Either bid for a 3* on Priceline or on HOTWIRE enter "Santa Monica" as your destination. (For some reason Santa Monica hotels don't always show up on Hotwire when searching on "Los Angeles".)

You bid up to $80 in Long Beach. Is $80 your limit? That might not be enough for a 3* in Santa Monica, but there are other options under $80 that are closer to where you want to be than Long Beach.

$80 probably isn't enough for a 3* in Santa Monica, but you don't know unless you try. You can also bid for 2.5* in Santa Monica.

If the location appeals to you I suggest $75 for a 3* in Santa Monica, then add your free rebid zone Lawndale (only goes to 2*) at $80.

If that fails start a new bid of $65 for a 2.5* in SM, and add Lawndale at $80 again.

Other possibilities under $80 per room:

4*, 3*, 2.5* LAX

3*, 2.5* Redondo Beach

2.5* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood

3* Brentwood/Westwood

For near the ocean (not necessarily oceanfront) go with Santa Monica or Redondo.

For lowest price it's 3* LAX. 2.5* LAX could be cheaper still but the Hacienda Hotel might come up and reviews are mostly bad.

If you post which zones and quality levels you want and in what order someone can post more specific strategies.

It helps support the board when you start your Priceline bids at SavingsBarn.com.

Just wanted to mention to figure out the date you want to go to the observatory in advance and make a reservation on their site. I think it is usually just a few days wait, but just dn't wait too long if you want to go on a specific day. Also, if you stay in Long Beach and are near enough to the blue line, you can get too and from Hollywood and the Observatory shuttle stop fairly easily without having to possibly drive through traffic or pay to park your car somewhere.

Booked (through the savingsbarn) - the Radisson.

1 room(s) @ $105.00 per night x 3 night(s)

Hotel subtotal $315.00

Taxes, recovery charges, and fees $47.42

Total $362.42

Some hotels may apply additional charges for incidental fees such as parking. Prices are in $USD. $362.42

Thanks for all the help!

Congratulations on your win!

Thank you for sharing it with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

I'm also not sure which Radisson you won... can you add to this thread the zone that you bid so that we can accurately reflect it in the topic title. (this was thru Priceline, right?)

Thanks!

Can you please confirm the follwing:

1) this was a 3* or a 3.5* property

2) the Airport LAX zone or the Santa Monica zone... these are different zones on HOTWIRE

3) what were the amenities shown before your purchase

You can still view all of the above by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top right of their home page.

Also, please note that we have our own link to HOTWIRE... please use it for any future purchases you make.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]