Priceline Hotel: 4* Quebec Hilton

vo1one
By vo1one,
in

Won at $65 for July 3-July 4/07 (booked on July 2nd)

Used savingsbarn.com link

Room was originally with a twin bed and receptionist gave a free upgrade to a room with a king bed without even asking. Room has a great view of the city from the 7th floor. Concierge had many coupons for comped drinks and the sort for local restaurants.

Self park was $16. Valet will let you go in and out as often as you wish where the self park you must pay again if you leave.

A credit card was required for incidentals. Was charged a room tax of about $5 which apparently wasn't included in the priceline price...

An excellent hotel in an excellent city for a bargain basement price!

Congrats on your win, however I must note that the Hilton in Quebec City treated me poorly as a priceline guest, even though I was paying over $80 per night for my stay. They tried to charge me extra for having my girlfriend with me, claiming the priceline rates are single occupancy. They also refused to give me a room with a single king size or queen size bed. They gave us two double beds. Very poor treatment but indicative of the quebecois culture which is graceful and polite in many ways but less customer service oriented than the rest of Canada.

I am suprised. I was treated very well when I went on my trip July 8 to 10 (for which I paid $65). I had two rooms and they found a pair of connecting rooms for us. We had to wait till 4PM to have the room keys though. The clerk knew I had paid with Priceline. She said she did not have access to the rate we paid. The actual rate shown appeared as ***

The parking was under construction. There were only 2 floors in operation, the rest were blocked off. The self-park is $16 with no re-entry privileges. If you pay $19, you can self-park and come in and leave as often as you want. Valet parking was a couple bucks more and it also gives in and out privileges. On the final day, you can stay until the time of your check-in. I left (knowingly) 4 hours later and ended paying $11 more.

There is no resort fee or local tax beyond that. Maybe the $5 you were charged is the $3 fee for self-park re-entry (plus tax). It can also be the in-room coffee which apparently costs $3 per cup. I did not take a chance and went to the restaurants above the garage and paid my coffee $1.50 instead. My total bill was: $19 + tax = $21.60 per day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]