Priceline Hotel: Need help/advice Ft. Lauderdale

newbee
By newbee,
in

Hi, I've been trying to get a 3* on priceline in the airport area on 11/4/07 for 1 night. Below is what I bid so far.

$38, $40, $42, $45, $48, $51, $57

It looks like I could add the downtown zone and 2.5* and I could get the Amerisuites. That would be good too. I saw on Hotwire what looks like the Amerisuites for that night is listed at $62.

Question is, what should I bid on priceline to try to get it? Or should I just get it on hotwire? Or how much higher would I have to go to get a 3* in the airport zone?

first, are you in that much of a hurry to book it? It's a sunday night (the worst night for hotel occupancy) and off season is why I ask. You might get a cancellable back-up for now and wait.

If you are in a hurry, you might not hit a 3* at FLL until you reach into the $80-90 range (based on hotwire's prices and retail prices for the hilton and sheraton).

if you drop to 2.5* on PL in the DT area there is no guarantee you'll get the Amerisuites so if you are happy with what appears to be the Amerisuites (I'm not convinced it is as the amenities don't match) I'd buy from hotwire. When bidding for 2.5* in DT you also risk the chance of being upgraded to 3* and losing the "suite" and breakfast at Amersuites and adding a potential parking charge and resort fee at a 3*.

if you decide to go with HOTWIRE please use the links on the support page.

runNgun, thanks for the tips! I'm not in a hurry so I'll book a cancellable for now and see what shakes out as we get closer. I know what you mean about it being a Sunday night in the off season, that's why I couldn't understand why my bid wasn't getting accepted. Maybe they're getting a lot of pre-cruise stays or something???

What do you think is a reasonable bid amount and how long do you think I should wait?

Don't worry, I'll certainly use the links. This board is way to valuable not to support it in every way!

It just seems that PL inventory is not available yet.

I would bid up to the maximum your willing to spend for the 3* maybe once a week or every other week for now. If you were willing to spend the $62 for the other place then you could use that as your maximum bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]