Priceline Hotel: 2* West Des Moines/Clive IA - Fairfield Inn

Nautica3
By Nautica3,
in

Have noticed a slight upward trend on Des Moines area P/L and H/W prices lately.

Before getting this one (which is $3 more than I usually need to bid), I got rejected on the following:

2.5*, WDM, $32

2.5*, WDM & DSM Airport, $35

2*, WDM, $23

2*, WDM & Urbandale/Merle Hay, $25

3*, WDM, $40

All of these (except the last) are rates I've submitted and had accepted many times previously. Even the H/W prices seem to be up around 10% or so over prior months.

This isn't a one-shot thing. I've noticed it over the course of the past month or so, and there haven't been any truly large in-town events since the Iowa caucases.

Still got a decent price, overall, but not as great as I'm used to. Call me spoiled! :)

Laertes/Nautica/whatever my handle here is... (it's an Alzheimer's day!)

I think this is the sign of an overall firming of the hotel business.

Some areas are still a fantastic deal and getting even better, while many other areas are getting a bit tougher (like Ft. Lauderdale in particular).

Generally speaking, I always think that the big cities offered the best deals, and that still seems to be the case.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]