Priceline Hotel: 3* Savannah (Historic) Marriott Riverfront

Nene
By Nene,
in

Hi,

Planning trip to Savannah Historic District 3/26-3/28.

First bid $65 and added 4 more rebid zones raising $5 increments. Last bid at $85 rejected.

Question. This was my first attempt bidding on Priceline. Boy the adrenaline was pumping.:) After my 72 hour waiting period I will bid again, but what would you suggest I start at??

Thanks!

Denise

To add more information:

Hotels in area that I have seen won before and lowest published rates are:

Hilton Desoto $259.00 Standard

Marriott Savannah Riverfront $169.00 AAA discount

Hyatt Regency Savannah $268.00 AAA disount

Thanks again!

Denise

You know I just looked. They are having a tour of homes in the historic district that weekend. :) I think that is probably a pretty big thing. If a 3* is still available when I rebid on Saturday, then I will give it another shot, otherwise I might work out to go another weekend. Wish me luck! Any suggestions for strategy?

Well is there any reason for you to go that weekend? How far are you and how big of a trip is this planned for you?

If it's not that big of a deal and you're just looking to 'get away' i would look at going another weekend since this weekend is likely to cost you much more than a 'typical' weekend (but that's just me). If you have an interest in touring the homes than maybe it's worth increasing your bid... it all depends upon the purpose of the trip.

How much is this particular weekend worth to you vs. going another time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is a birthday trip and we are only about 3.5 hours away, so it is not a big deal. The homes in the historic are incredible. Will ponder it some more. If I decide to give it a shot, I will update you and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for your help!

Denise

Well I gave it another shot! Thanks for your help!

Last bid rejected on March 18th was $85 after 4 rebids.

Started out $90 - rejected

Added another zone and bid $95 - accepted!

Marriott Savannah Riverfront

March 26th-March 28th

Travelocity rack rate is $209, so this is quite a deal! Happy birthday to me!! :)

Denise

Thanks!

Yes, the riverfront is adjacent to the historical homes and areas of Savannah. There are many shops and restaurants in the area within walking distance. The history of this city and its surroundings are amazing. Very cool. Very fun place too.

Denise

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]