Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Salina Country Inn and Suites

joby
By joby,
in

Hi, we would like to stay in Salina, KS for 1 night, August 2, as a stop over. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). We are considering trying Priceline's name your own price. It only lists 1* and a 2* hotels.

What would be the least expensive price we might bid for a 2* ? What stategy would you recommend?

We would love to have a complimentary breakfast and pool as a bonus, but would settle for a clean room for the least expensive price we could find.

Suggestions?

joby,

you know that PL only guarantee a room for 2 adults, or are you looking for 2 rooms? You can end up in a room with only a queen bed if you're unlucky.

I looked at the Salina zone and you don't have any free zones to bid in. So your $2 raise is you best strategy.

I think HOTWIRE would be a good option for you. You can choose a room that sleeps 4 people. HOTWIRE got a 2.5* with breakfast and pool like you want for $72. They also got a 2* for $56 with pool.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you decide to go this way

Good luck!

Henrik.

Yellowdog, yes, I do know that Priceline only guarantees for 2 adults. If I can get the room inexpensively enough, I'm willing to take that chance.

If the room bid gets high enough, my thought is to go with Hotwire. That would al least give me some "known" info for what I'm paying.

How does this sound?

The question is joby, are you willing to gamble? At HOTWIRE you get a pool and breakfast for 4 people and a room that you know sleeps 4.

Lets say you hit a PL room at $45. Hotel gives you a queen bed and want $20 for your kids, and you have to buy breakfast in the morning and you don't get a pool to the kids :)

The HOTWIRE $72 looks like a good deal in my book.

Henrik.

Would anyone venture a guess as to the name of the Hotwire 2.5* hotel in Salina?

It lists at $69 ($83 inc. fees) for 2 adults, 2 kids, August 2, 1 night,

amenities are:

--comp. breakfast,

--pool,

--laundry,

--fitness

--business center

We can reserve the Fairfiels Inn for $76( includes tax).

Thoughts?

Decided to go through HOTWIRE for our hotel stay. We got Country Inn & Suites. It appears that we did well.

Thanks for your help :)

Country Inn & Suites, 2.5 *, $69 ($83 inc. fees) for 2 adults, 2 kids, August 2, 1 night,

amenities are:

--comp. breakfast,

--pool,

--laundry,

--fitness

--business center

• 1 month later...

We have returned from our stay at the Salina Country Inn & Suites.

It was a great hotel with the exception of the softball team who OVERTOOK EVERYTHING! I'm not sure who was worse, the kids or the parents.

To the management's credit--they profusely apologized and offered a comp stay at Country Inn & Suites. Management said the softball team was the worst they had ever encountered and we were not the only ones complaining!

We would stay again minus the ball team!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]