in

My family (2 adults, 3 kids 2, 7, 12) is planning a trip to Houston Texas

during the month of July. We are interested in booking our hotel using

the hotwire website. Can you provide some information on which hotel/bid

(3 star or higher) we could get for $40-$60.00 a night. We are looking

for suite and complimentary breakfast and free parking as part of the

amenities. The last one is not as important. The dates for the trip

would be July 4th - July 9th. We would be checking out on the

morning of the 9th, heading to New Orleans.

Thanks for your help,

tonykapp

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rather than try to figure out all the possibilities it's much easier to take the information Hotwire shows you and then try to figure out the hotel based upon their descriptions. There may be a suite hotel in the area that offers free breakfast but if Hotwire doesn't present that property to you then there's not much you can do about it.

Best thing to do is to go to Hotwire first. Input your dates and select the zone(s) you are willing to accept and do a search. You will be presented with a variety of hotels at different star ratings and also shown the prices and amenities (but not the names). Write down the zone, star rating and amenities of those offerings that are in your price range and from there we can try to help you figure out which hotels they are.

One thing to note though is that Hotwire (and Priceline) only guarantee accomodations for two people... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel to give you the bedding configuration you request. If you book an all-suite hotel this is less of a concern because you usually have a couch and some extra room and can 'work around it' but i just thought i'd mention it for anyone else following along.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding any of the above or if there's anything you don't understand.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare:

I found some information on two hotels. The details from the hotwire site are below:

3.5 star Aldine Bush Ictl Airport (IAH)

$46.00 per night

amenities are: restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, golf nearby,

laundry facilities;

3.5 star Houston Hobby Airport (HOU)

$64.00 per night

amenities are: restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center.

Let me know if I need to add any additional information to determine the hotel.

Thanks again for your help,

tonykapp

Comparing what you supplied with the TEXAS HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST (make sure you read beyond the first post)...

The first hotel matches the Sheraton North Hotel and that is my best guess for that property.

I this same zone there is also a lower star rated hotel that is a suite property for about the same price. May not be as nice as the 3.5* but may suit your needs well given that you're looking at 5 people in a room. Just some add'l food for thought.

When searching on Hotwire for the second hotel you supplied i get a similar 3.5* hotel but a Shuttle icon is also shown... do you get a 3.5* with or without a shuttle icon?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, don't know what this second hotel is.... fortunately it's more expensive than the one we think we have identified. :)

Let us know what you decide to do and what you get if you move forward (of course feel free to ask add'l questions if anything else comes up)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you double check the amenities, i think there should also be a pool icon. You can still see the amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

Price looks great and i think you made a wise decision goin with a suite property as it will likely provide much more room for the 5 of you.

Hopefully there will be some fireworks near by for the kids!

Enjoy your stay and thanks for sharing your results.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]