Priceline Hotel: 3* Northern VA (Airport Dulles IAD) Westfileds Marriott

bartman
By bartman,
in

Hi all,

I am going up to Dulles June 27th and flying out very early June 28th. I was planning on bidding on 3* (and maybe 2.5*) properties. Two questions:

1) I assume that all of the 3* properties and maybe the 2.5* properties have airport shuttles? Is this correct (as far as anyone knows)?

2) If possible I would like to do the park-sleep-fly thing (keep you car at the hotel while on the trip. Most hotels near the airport have this option (but for a higher cost). Has anyone been successful getting a PL room and then leaving their car at the hotel and taking the shuttle to and from the airport?

Thanks,

Bartman

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I assume that all of the 3* properties and maybe the 2.5* properties have airport shuttles?
An airport shuttle is not a requirement of either star rating, although most probably do. You could use the Priceline Hotel List combined with the BetterChecker to visit each hotel's website and see if they offer a shuttle. A better option would be to choose a HOTWIRE hotel which shows the shuttle icon (but still try to ID to put the odds in your favor that the shuttle will be running when you need it, assuming your flight is very early in the am)
If possible I would like to do the park-sleep-fly thing (keep you car at the hotel while on the trip. Most hotels near the airport have this option (but for a higher cost). Has anyone been successful getting a PL room and then leaving their car at the hotel and taking the shuttle to and from the airport?
Since this is usually not included with a 'standard room' you'd like be charged the hotel's daily parking fee (if offered and/or available) or some sort of additional charge... if allowed at all. There a few instances where users have been able to leave their car and not charged at various airport hotels, but this is certainly the exception and not the rule.

Given your need for a shuttle, i wouldn't feel comfortable buying a HOTWIRE property that didn't show the Shuttle icon. The above properties are likely Extended StayAmerica, Homestead, etc, or some other type of extended stay property... these often do not offer shuttle service.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make if you go that route. If you opt for a park n fly option, please use the links in our support page

Let us know whatever you end up doing or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3* (4*?) Northern VA (Airport Dulles IAD) Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles $47

6/27 1 night

Started at $40 3*

-rejected. Offered $12 increase to get a property

-rejected PL offer

added another zone for free

-$42:rejected

-$45:rejected

-$47:ACCEPTED

Labeled as a 3* Hotel on the PL receipt.

Only bummer is that the shuttle costs $15 :) Maybe they're going to be more likely to let me park there for the duration of the trip! Thanks for all the help.

This is a gorgeous hotel, I work just around the corner and we hold a lot of company functions in their banquet rooms.

I wouldn't expect to tbe able to park & ride to the airport, they don't have a lot of excess parking and are pretty high-end. The discount long-term parking at Dulles is around $8/nt, IIRC.

I'm going to call the hotel and see about shuttles/parking etc. I'm flying out of Dulles early in the morning with 2 small children (by myself). I was hoping not to have to drive to the airport and park (and deal with the Dulles buses). I know getting a $300+ room for $47 on PL doesn't exactly entitle me to everything, but potentially/hopefully they can accommodate us (or charge a fee for us to park there). I'll f/u.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]