Priceline Hotel: 4* Detroit (Airport DTW) Westin

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

Room Price: $65

Taxes/Fees: $15.36

Total: $80.36

With the 14% room tax, this makes the PL fee about $6.50. Lately this is about the fee I've been seeing on my one room bids in this price range.

The lowest web rate on the hotel web site was $89. This is the second time this year I've gotten this hotel for $65 with a lowest rate under $100.

At the Detroit airport, if you need ariport parking too, you need to consider the parking charges in evaluating the PL deal. For self-park at the airport right now use the $6/day available in the Blue Deck at the Smith Terminal At your parking days to the PL rate. Then compare this to the rates the area hotels charge for a room which includes at least 7 days of parking with the room rate.

For example, this Westin had a $139 rate which included 8 days valet parking at the airport garage across the street from the hotel. All the area 3* hotels offer a rate of around $90 - with anywhere from 6-10 days of parking included.

For me the hotel/parking rate of $139 was not a better deal because I needed 10 days of parking. The two extra parking days at the Westin is $28/day = $56 additional parking fees on top of the $139 rate. So for me it was better to get the low $65 PL room rate and pay $60 parking in the Blue Deck. Especially when the 14% tax is added to the room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]