Priceline Hotel: San Antonio (Riverwalk) Help

JNettiSpagetti
By JNettiSpagetti,
in

I have placed bids today for a 4* Hotel in the riverwalk area of San Antonio. I want to go for my birthday from July 13-15. I started at $50 which I was sure would get rejected. I've worked the bids and am up to $110 a night and still no luck. Any suggestions on what I can do to help. I'd really hate to spend over $100 a night as it will cut into my spending cash. Would rather a 4* but I guess I could settle for a 3*. I've never been and just wanted to enjoy it all. I see some people who say they have a 4* for less than $100 a night. How soon to the date did you try...should I just keep up each day trying to get what I want, or is it to much to ask most likely in the dead of summer? Any recommendations would be appriciated.

Thanks

JNettiSpagetti

JNettiSpagetti - Welcome to BetterBidding!

I did a search for your dates, since it's your birthday and everything :)

I think you're close to hit around $110 for a 4*. I would keep trying another week if you're comfortable with that. A good thing to do is book a cancellable backup that you can live with, this will take the preasure out of bidding. I also think it's to early to go for a 3*. if you decide to start bidding for a 3*, start with $75

Are you ok with your re-bid zones? If not, please read this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

HOTWIRE got a 3.5* for $109 if this is an option? Please use this HOTWIRE link if you decide to go that route.

Feel free to ask if you need any further help.

Good luck!

Henrik.

Yes I've been using the rebidding as I've read about on here. I just really don't want to spend much more than $110. I'm going to give it til tomorrow then start bidding again for a 4*.

Just want to spend my birthday right!

And I've never used HOTWIRE (though this is only my second time to use priceline). Will look and see. Thanks for the imput.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]