Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Buckhead) InterContinental

sabandjen
By sabandjen,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Neither of the above have been identified, but the 3* in Virginia Highlands/Emory could be the Holiday Inn Decatur while the 3* in the Buckhead zone may be the Homewood Suites... those would be our best guesses for each.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI there,

I see that some people have won hotels around 65$ per night in buckhead in June

I am trying to book a 4* in buckhead on June 12-16th

I need 2 rooms

I tried starting at 55$ and used every rebid zone till ending up at 75$

Am i doing something wrong?? Or should I just be bidding higher?

I checked Hotwire and see hotels in that star rating are around 140 so seems like 75 should have been alright...Can anyone help me?

I checked Hotwire and see hotels in that star rating are around 140 so seems like 75 should have been alright
How do you figure? Priceline may be a little cheaper than HOTWIRE... but rarely would it be half price.

The first three nites of your stay are more expensive than usual, which is likely the reason you're having trouble on these dates? Are your dates flexible at all or are is this trip confirmed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming that 50% is refering to Priceline which offers "up to 50% off hotels", but that is vs. a traditional booking.

If you look at rates direct from the hotel websites for these dates you'll see rates for part of your state at $300+ per nite.

You'll probably need to go closer to $100+ for a 4* property. What is your maximum bid? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Would antoher nearby zone work well for your plans as well?

Let us konw the above and we'll advise as to how to proceed.

I've never tried splitting the bid. That is an option yes. I will give that some thought

I'm sure a nearby area would work as well. Just told by someone to try for Buckhead..shopping and such.

Thanks for the suggestions

This board is a huge help!

i'll let you know how i make out..if i do..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Was bidding for 2 rooms for June 12th-16th 2007

Started bidding at $50, rebid $53, rebid $58, etc up to 70 dollars until I ran out of rebid zones- nothing accepted

Next day started at $70, rebid at $75 and kept going in small increments and finally Accepted at $89

Hotel:

Intercontinental Buckhead

Check-In Date: June 12, 2007

Check-Out Date: June 16, 2007

was a fabulous stay by the way!!!!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]