Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Buckhead) JW Marriott

Piretta
By Piretta,
in

I've been reading the boards, have read the rebid zone instruction thread and am still a little confused.

I am planning a tirp to Atlanta and for the following dates: 7/20-7/22.

Based on reviews, I like the Intercontinental although I know there's no guarantee. My question is about determining the rebid zones. When I look at the location views for hotels on Priceline, they are not the same as the bidding zones. For example, several 4* hotels are listed in the Atlanta-Eastern & Northern Suburbs. I printed a map to try and pinpoint each hotel, but it's not very exact. Am I doing this the hard way?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to BetterBidding

Atlanta-Eastern & Northern Suburbs appears on the Priceline "Shop and Compare" page, just click "Name Your Own Price" and you will be taken to the bidding site. These are two different Priceline products and not all "Shop and Compare" hotels participate with the bidding site.

When Bidding for a 4*, you cannot target a specific hotel, you can get any 4* hotel that offers its room inventory to Priceline for your dates of travel. Here is thelist of reported wins.

A rebid zone is one where the highest rated hotel in that zone is lower than the minimum star rating that you are bidding for. There are 19 bidding zones in Atlanta, can you list those where the highest rated hotel is 3* or less?

Hi dahammer,

Thanks for the list. I believe I understand the rebidding zones now. With 19 rebid zones, I'm not sure what my starting offer or raise increments should be. Based on previous wins, I was planning on an opening bid of $55. Also, I'm not sure if any events are scheduled in Atlanta that weeked that would impact my bidding. I'll post my strategy and its success or failure when completed. Thanks for the help.

Piretta, just to clarify, there are not 19 "rebid" zones. I think dahammer was pointing out that there are 19 zones total. Your only rebid zones are those that only have 3.5 star and below. Feel free to confirm which zones are actually rebid zones here on the board. That's a very important concept, and one that you should be sure of before bidding!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I finally bid using the system and it worked! The details are below.

First bid- $50 in Buckhead- REJECTED

Second bid- $56 + Peachtree Corners - Norcross- REJECTED

Third bid- $61 + Midtown- REJECTED

Fourth bid- $66 + Decatur- REJECTED

Fifth bid- $70 + Stone Mountain- ACCEPTED

Thanks for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]